EPILEPSY MEDS FOR FIBRO????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RENA0909, Sep 12, 2003.

1. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

My doc here in uk put me on amytriptyline but it just made me so drugged up so now he wants to try me on CARBAMAZEPINE
    which is an epilepsy drug.
    I was just wondering if anyone knows if this is ok??? I am wary of most drugs cos i do not do well on them so any help would be appreciated.Thanx
    RENA UK
  2. tjlibby

tjlibby New Member

Hello
    I take amitipyline it took a few weeks to get use to it. I take Lamictal for my seizures.. Good Luck..Teri
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  4. azcactuslil

azcactuslil New Member

My doc has had me on epilepsy drugs and they really help with muscle spasms. My legs especially. It's been a good thing for me. I was on Nuerontin but switched to Topomax.

carrie
  5. gaskinsb

gaskinsb New Member

I took topomax. It worked well for a while.
  6. ozgran

ozgran New Member

Can look at my post asking about Lamictal. That is a anti seizure drug too. Love Ozgran
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Which is an antiseizure med. Go to the library here and read Dr. Cheney's article on Klonopin. It does an excellent job of explaining the slight state of seizure which is part of our illnesses. Antiseizure drugs can alleviate our pain, insomnia, anxiety, tinnitus, muscle spasms, and sensory overload, all from one drug. Not a bad deal! In addition, antiseizure meds protect our neurons from damage due to overfiring.

Love, Mikie
  8. barbaradh

barbaradh New Member

I took Neurontin for about 18 months. When I first started it, I thought it was a miracle drug, it worked so well! But for some reason, Neurontin seems to only work for about a year in fibro patients, from what I've read. I was recently put on Trileptal, and it's working just like the Neurontin did. And I had been in a horrible flare for about 6 weeks and was at the end of my rope and giving up hope (excuse the rhyme) - my doctor put me on Trileptal, and the relief I got was amazing. I'm starting to feel more like my old self again, although I'm still very limited in what I can do. But I've been able to put up the wheelchair for now and just use my cane.

Take care,
    Barbara

[ advertisement ]