Epsolm salt baths w/peroxide?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sugarpeach, Nov 4, 2004.

1. sugarpeach

sugarpeach New Member

Could someone please give the recipe for this and also I do not know what this does. I have been in a bad flare for past 3 weeks and i thought that this would help.I feel like I am on a treadmill and can't get off. Why does it feel like every time I turn around something else is physically wrong. Right now besides overall pain I am dealing with bladder instilations for IC,Tmj,headaches andneck aches and fatigue. I'm on several meds and I just want to lay in my bed and cry. My 3 children are looking like I'm really nuts this time. I also teach 1st grade and have had to take the past week off. Thanks for listening. I love this.Sugarpeach
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Heres the recipe for the bath;

3 bottles of Peroxide (32. ounce size)
    3 cups of Epson Salts (which is Magnesium Sulfate)

Mix in a tub of water as warm as you can stand, soak for 20 minutes only. It will make you feel weak when you get out of the tub, so go to bed for half an hour, or better yet, go to bed for the night.

The epson salts is magnesium, and magnesium heals the muscles while we sleep. With the bath it goes in the body through the pores in the skin, so we get quick results.

Peroxide is oxygen and is a natural healer and kills bacteria. It is good for the body as well for pain.

Hope this helps, and that you are feeling better soon.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

4. intensemom

intensemom New Member

About your IC...and the bladder instilations. I have IC and tried bladder instilations and found them to be useless. Two things worked for me and I am now in remission: 1. RX drug Elmiron: repairs the mucosal lining of the bladder 2. Uristat(OTC) or Urised(RX) numbs your bladder and urethra...great for a good nights sleep

I hope this helps!
    Tracy