EPSOM SALTS ADVICE PLEASE SKIN PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by huska, Oct 29, 2006.

1. huska

huska New Member

I KNOW MANY POST WERE PUT ABOUT THIS.
    I'M GOING TO GET EPSOM SALTS FROM MY PHARMACY TODAY. THEY HAD TO ORDER THAT BECAUSE THEY DON'T SELL IT.
    A FRIEND OF MINE TOLD ME THAT SHE USED EPSOM SLATS A LONG TIME AGO AND SHE HAD VERY BAD SKIN PROBLEMS.
    ANYONE EXPERIENCED SKIN PROBLEMS WITH THAT?
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

AS SOME OF YOU KNOW I CAN'T TAKE PAIN KILLERS SO I'M TRYING TO FIND OTHER WAYS TO EASE THE PAIN.

LOVE,
    OLGA
  2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

The salts have caused no problems for me. It is supposed to be good for skin problems, psoriasis, etc.

I always rinse off in cool water after the soak is finished.

I really hope this helps. It has been a life saver for me.
  3. huska

huska New Member

Thanks. You gave me another important information besides the one I was asking.

love,
    olga
  4. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I use the salts also and have no problem .Just rinse off good after your bath.
  5. huska

huska New Member

I CAN ONLY FIND IT IN THE PHARMACY AND IT'S NOT EXPENSIVE.
    ABOUT THE WATER TOO WARM...I DIDN'T KNOW...THANKS.
    I'M ALWAYS LEARNING.

HUGS,
    OLGA
  6. ladykew

ladykew New Member

Hi, again, Olga,

I've used Epsom Salts for soaking in warm water for aching muscles and pain in my back and legs. It doesn't bother my skin at all. As in the other posts, just rinse off well.

If you experience any skin problems, I hear one of the best things you can use is to massage Olive Oil into your skin. My hair stylist gives a lot of perms and uses chemicals in mixing colors, and he gets rashes and rough places on his hands. His doctor told him to use Olive Oil, and it cleared it right up!

Lots of hugs,
    Lew
  7. huska

huska New Member

I REALLY NEED OIL IN MY SKIN..IS TO DRY,,,THANKS FOR THE TIP.
  8. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

I just had one last night!

I have always had dry skin, ezema, psoriasis...I find that the salts pull water up to the surface (kind of like going to get a salt scrub at a spa, or even swiming in the ocean) After my bath, I may give myself a cool rinse, or just get out of the tub...then put on a good moisturizer while my skin is still damp, to lock in the moisture...I use lanolin, but olive oil, or coconut oil is good too.

Suz
  9. kbak

kbak Member

good for skin problems is calcium bentonite clay. Here's a link to a good resource page for learning about clay therapy.

http://www.eytonsearth.org/

Good luck,
    kbak
  10. huska

huska New Member

THANKS FOR THE TIP. I'LL CHECK IT.

OLGA