Epsom salts and peroxide baths?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bunchy, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I always feel much better after swimming in the ocean on vacation and am trying to recreate this feeling (feel detoxified, reinvigorated, fresh and more energy, less pain) even to a small extent somehow at home here in London, UK!

Over the years, people have talked about these baths, some use Epsom, some peroxide, others both...

What is the best combination or are they best used sperately?

How have they benefited you, if at all? In what ways?

What quanities should you use of each?

Thanks guys :)

Bunchy x
  2. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Jam - OK so more epsom and less peroxide - I'm sure there used to be threads here about the quantities people used - just don't know how to find them. How are you doing these days? How's your hip and low back problems?

-BDT - hi hun how are you? It's been a long time since I was here. Been spending the past year getting off of benzos which has been horrible. Hugs back to you :)

Love Bunchy xx
  3. inbetweendays

inbetweendays New Member

when i first became sick with the fibro--i lived in the bathtub. I poured almost the whole container of epsom in the tub--no peroxide.....this was one of the few things that helped me.....i think it gets magnesium into the body more readily and helps detoxify....later i read--some alternative doctors using epsom salt baths to treat lyme....there is a lot of info. about this on the internet...i heard the hydrogen peroxid acts like oxygen in the body--and can kill of pathogens,.....
  4. GeminiMoon

GeminiMoon Member

I swear by Epsom Salts but have never tried peroxide. Epsom Salts are an economical way to ease those tired and sore muscles. Here is the states, you can easily find them in any drugstore and they are coming out with some really nice mixes containing lavender, Eucalyptus, etc.

I soak in them for a good 15-20 minutes in the hottest water that I can stand. Give them a try; your won't regret it.
  5. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

This sounds good - I found a "recipe" for the Epsom and the peroxide online so I am going to try both and see which one works best :)

Jam - like you I am still on a low dose of benzo but for anxiety not sleep in my case and neuropathic pain as well but I used to be on very high doses - it's been hard to get them down but I wanted to get off of the high doses and a much lower dose seems to be keeping symptoms manageable.

Take care everyone.

Hugs Bunchy xxxx
  6. clementyne

clementyne New Member

I have never used peroxide in the bath but I am a BIG Epsom Salts girl. I use Dr. Teals Lavender. It smells heavenly! I don't think it has any long lasting effect - except that it does relax me - but it is lovely while I soak. The directions say to soak 20 minutes but I usually stay in for an hour or more. It does make me sleepy so I only use it before bed.

Hope this helps!
  7. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

The peroxide part is meant to make your body absorb more oxygen and helps together with the epsom salts to detoxify the body.

Anyone know if one should rinse or shower off after taking this bath?

Love Bunchy xxxx
  8. GeminiMoon

GeminiMoon Member

I also use the Eucalyptis Spearmint. Wonderful stuff!
  9. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I was given the "recipe" 2 cups salts to a tub of the hottest water you can stand, and to take a big glass of ice water to drink while soaking for 20 minutes.

I do rinse it off, get in my jammies and go to bed.

I keep my plain salts in a big plastic container with a measuring cup inside and I wrote "De-Tox Bath on the outside.[This Message was Edited on 12/20/2011]