Epstein Barr Cytomegalo Virus Transfer Factors

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AllWXRider, Oct 13, 2006.

1. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I was diagnosed with Epstein Barr and Cytomegalo Virus 6 months ago. My D.O. put me on Transfer Factors right away. I got bad flu symptoms and could only take 1 capsule/ day for the first 3 months.

I also attacked it with Olive Leaf, Alpha Lipoic Acid & 2 grams of C.

I'm slowly getting well: my body temp has gone up from ~95.7°F to 98.3°F. Body odor much less...per my wife.

I still get night sweats around the neck, memory /concentration problems, bad fatigue, depression.

How long does it take to get over this?
    What else can I do/take to supercharge my immune system?

2. TerryS

TerryS Member

That's interesting about your body temp. I've been very ill for the last two months, my blood work showed a "chronic or reactivated EBV" plus I've had acute CMV in the past. My 16-year-old also came down with a full-blown case of mono five weeks later and is still fighting it.

The interesting thing is, although sometimes I feel "hot" like I have a fever, whenever I take my temp it claims to be only 96 something...even 95 something, and 94 something just yesterday!!! I thought that was ridiculous. How can a person have a temp that LOW! (My normal temp is in the 97 something range).

Anyhow, very interesting about the body temp. Wonder if anyone else has had that experience.

Question about the transfer factors and immune system. Even though I have this active EBV virus going on, and assuming my immune system is WEAK, how is it that I have a whole bunch of antibodies to other things running through me??? I have positive ANA, positive ASMA, and now positive AMA (anti-mitochondrial antibodies - highly specific for primary biliary cirrhosis).

What do you think???

Thanks,
    TerryS
  3. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

In his book,"From fatigued to fantastic", Jacob Tietelbaum describes the functioning of the hypothalumus (part of the brain). A virus eating away at the hypothalumus would disrupt the body temp. Now I believe that mine is healing.

Hypothalumus -> pituitary gland -> thyroid
    -> T4/T3 -> cell metabolism

RU taking transfer factors? Olive leaf? Have you been hair tested for mercury?

Antibodies like T-cells from the thymus, know to attack bacterias, viruses and such based on a memory system. They also have to know not to attack your own cells..or you get an auto-immune dysorder. A mother's first milking yields colostrum which transfers the mother's immune system memory to the infant.

If you give a cow, EBV, CMV, Lyme and whatever disease, it recovers quickly. The first milking of this cow then yields "transfer factors".

When I started on it, I got flu symptoms real bad as my immune system was just beginning to fight. My lab # were off the chart![This Message was Edited on 10/13/2006]
  4. TerryS

TerryS Member

I'm not taking transfer factors or olive leaf. I was considering taking the olive leaf for a while. Would I still need the TFs???

I'm so new to all of this...I have no idea what I'm doing! The only thing I'm sure of right now is that I must take care of my liver, so I've just started on some liver tonic, and I'm getting ready to start one of the super green food supplements.

TerryS
  5. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

Your description of your body temp is identical to mine. When I have a temp of 98.6, I'm actually running a fever and am ill with something.

Plan to look into Fatigue to Fantastic.

Thanks for the post.
  6. spacee

spacee Member

Check out the message board that it for Transfer Factors. Some of us are going along with what Rich Carson did to recover.

All of us a different and repond differently. Some TF's you have have improvement up to a year.

I take Immune Transfer C and Mycoplus and like them. Pretty pricey and so far, I am not taking them at the same time. Yet, they are THE things that have helped me the most.

Other than the TFs...there is colostrum that is sold here and ImmunePro RX. They are powerful and you should be care to maybe try a lower dose. Actually, all this stull relates to TF's so it might make you feel pretty awful to take them all at once....go slow.

Spacee
  7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

above for Mikie's posts. She has been on a similar protocol and has lots of good info for you.