Equivocal test result for Lyme?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by scrappinkat, Aug 15, 2005.

1. scrappinkat

scrappinkat New Member

Ok my doctor just called me to tell me that I had an Equivocal test result from the Lyme Disease test. This was done in a BC lab. He then said that really didn't mean much and to go and get tested in 4 weeks again. IF there is a change in the results that will make it a postive result for lyme.

I tried to do a search for Equivocal test results but I found nothing. Can anyone tell me in their experience what happens next or any info really would be good. TIA

2. naturebaby

naturebaby New Member

....anyone have info on this for kat?
  3. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

4. dontlikeliver

dontlikeliver New Member

Do you have, or have you had a rash, atypical or bullseye?

DLL
  5. scrappinkat

scrappinkat New Member

Do you have, or have you had a rash, atypical or bullseye?

DLL

I don't remember having a rash, although I did have a large painful red spot on the back of my neck, some sort of a bite. I then spent 3 days on the couch, piled under blankets, freezing, sweating and sleeping.
  6. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Please look at my Post Called Lyme Disease there is a huge discussion going on there.

Good Luck!

p.s. I have had two equivocals as you will see on my post.
  7. wiseeagle

wiseeagle New Member

THat test is 90% inaccorrect and the CDC knows it-- it cheap and most drs. only use that test. If you had a bullseye it's positive no matter what that test says. THe 4 week retest is also inaccorect. I won't even bother doing them you need a DNA test and unfortuntly only a very few dr.'s under Lyme disease.
    CHeck out Ilads.org-- their are a national lyme organization.
    and have help me find the right dr. to treat my chronic lyme disease. I've had it for 3 yrs. I did have a bullseye and both tests were negative--at the same time I had Rocky Mountain spottedFever and almost died! every organ in my body was shutting down. I was hospitalized for 2 wks. and even rocky Mt. never converted..Don't go to a infectious disease dr. they know nothing!!!

Good Luck! You willhave to reasearch alot there are many websites.

Lots of Love

Valerie