Eric-Chiari Malformation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jmcdelaney, Feb 21, 2007.

1. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

You have intrigued me...what is this?

Thanks, Joann
    [This Message was Edited on 02/21/2007]
  2. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

"by drilling a hole in her skull?""while under medical supervision, did it herself - and it HELPED."
    The lady did it herself? How is this possible? I mean isn't it major surgery?
    [This Message was Edited on 02/22/2007]
  3. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

SIGH....

Erik, thank you for sharing this.

Looks like it's time to start taking care of myself. I am SO sick of researching illnesses (been through 2 what turned out to be correctable mis-diagnoses with my kids, and only correctable because I spent MONTHS on-line getting educated). SO tired of reading...sometime I think I deserve an honorable MD.

I have not taken the time to try to understand all the in's and out's of my own problem. Partially because it hurts my brain now to try to keep track and absorb all the details. Partially because I get tired of thinking about it.

Anyway, Thanks again Erik, Joann
  4. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

Not that any of us really need anything else to puzzle us, but...do you have a theory how mold ties in to the Trukee connection?

Would it be possible for misquitos to transmit a type of mold like ticks transmit lyme???

Joann
  5. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

How long have you been researching all this?

You seem to have an encyclopedic (is that a word) knowledge of the subject(s)...I feel like I have been wasting too much time trying to ignore this "syndrome" and not enough researching.

Thanks again for you info.

Joann
  6. ridfibro

ridfibro New Member

Hi Eric, I actually have Chiari Malformation and so does my little girl. I am wondering if you have the location to the article about the lady who did her own drilling? I just want to read it and have for reference. Thanks.

Side note- Docs have a hard time believing Chiari causes problems as well. Let alone CFS. Thanks for posting!
  7. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I hope all of you interested in chiari malformation will do a google search to get some facts.

A news story regarding the surgery to correct CM was on TV a few years ago. I taped it for my doctor. He ordered a MRI for me and I don't have that problem.

I copied this off a web-site:

Chiari malformations (CMs) are structural defects in the cerebellum, the part of the brain that controls balance. When the indented bony space at the lower rear of the skull is smaller than normal, the cerebellum and brainstem can be pushed downward. The resulting pressure on the cerebellum can block the flow of cerebrospinal fluid (the liquid that surrounds and protects the brain and spinal cord) and can cause a range of symptoms including dizziness, muscle weakness, numbness, vision problems, headache, and problems with balance and coordination.

Hope this helps.