Eric Idle tells us about the universe (in song)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, Jan 10, 2007.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Here's a short film that tells about the amazing universe which we are all whizing through in various directions and at various speeds.

2. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Enjoyed that,was waiting for the words "always look on the bright side of life" though,LOL.
    Talking of Monty Python,have you ever seen any of the Michael Palin travel shows,can vaguely remember his Sahara expeditions but can vividly remember his Himilayan adventures,some of the footage was absolutely breathtaking.
  3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Reminds me of Tom Leher.

Everybody always says that astronomy makes them feel so small and insignificant, but not me, for some reason.
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I knew that tune was familar. The site address was sent to me by a little old lady who lives in the Blue Ridge Mountians of Virgina, on the trail of the Lonesome Pine.

(That was once a big hit tune.) Anyay when I wrote back I said the words are by Eric Idle. The tune is familar. Wonder if it's an old Music Hall number.

Maybe it is. Might have been lurking in Eric's subconscious.

Ken, I have been a big fan of Tom Lehrer since 1960 when my aunt and uncle, both sophisticated lovers of fine music, introduced me to his oeuvre.

Our library has a multiple CD set of his complete works including 4 of his classics w/ ORCHESTRA! Also two new songs: one for Sesame Street and one about catching something from someone.

Couple years ago there was a long interview w/ him in the LA Times. He was living in N. California. Had been doing some teaching.