ESPECIALLY FOR JOYFULLY....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stinker56, Jan 25, 2007.

1. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I just read your response on another post regarding knots and the way you described yours is exactly like mine are. Like yours, mine gets so painful I can't stand my pants around my waist or just about anything to touch my middle section. One knot is about the size of a pea and the other about like an eyeball. They stayed tender to the touch which I could't help but do for about three weeks then one day I noticed they had gotten smaller in size and don't even hurt.
    I went to the rheumy yesterday and asked him about them and he said they didn't have anything to do with RA but his guess were they were muscles that knot up when I am in pain and especially when my back hurts and I sit incorrectly to compensate for the pain. He said he wouldn't worry about them.
    I too use heat and also ice when they are painful and it does seem to help.
    Glad to know I am not alone but I do wish for you a better day.
    Stinker56
  2. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

Just hopeing Joyfully would see this and respond.
    Stinker
  3. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

Yes mine have lasted for about three months and the pain would come and go. Now the size of the lumps are about like peas and have no pain nor itch. My rheumy didn't really seem to know what they were and didn't even feel of them which really irritates me. I was concerned but he was more concerned that my hands, ankles and knees were swollen. Surprise!
    Thank you so much for easing my mind. I like you first thought is this a tumor but after weeks and weeks went by and nothing changed I figured it was like the rest of this disease and wasn't going to kill me or it would already have happened.
    Hope you have a good weekend.
    Stinker56