ESSENTAIL OILS? do THEY HELP ANYONE?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

jUST WOULD LIKE TO KNOW AS SOME OIL PEOPLE SEEM TO CLAIM THE IMPOSSIBLE, BUT MAYBE THEY CAN HELP A LITTLE? aNY ANSWERS?

lOVE aNNE
  2. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

I use lavender and chamomile in my bath water - warm water, not hot. I also make my own massage oil blend with grapeseed as the base oil, lavender, rosemary, peppermint, and clove.

I don't know if it's the actual use of the oils, or if its the frame of mind that I'm in at the time. I'm really into aromatherapy. I also burn oils in an oil warmer or I keep some kind of lavender air freshner plugged in my bathroom most all of the time. It's just very relaxing to me. I love them.

You can find some of the less expensive oils to try if you are interested. Just don't let anyone con you into spending a fortune on any miracle cures. There are places out there that carry good quality oils that are not thinned down, and still with decent prices, just watch what you are getting. I've got a small fortune invested in all of mine.

I am thoroughly convinced that I missed my era.
    I love the smell of patchouli and sandalwood.
    I should have been a hippy......

(((hugs)))
    mrs
    [This Message was Edited on 06/16/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/16/2006]
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I agree that Lavender is very relaxing, in a bath or just smelling it. I find Peppermint oil helps with nausea.

Kathy.