essential oils

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Oct 2, 2002.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

Has anyone here had any experiences, positive or negative with essential oils as a therapeutic tool? I'd appreciate hearing your experiences.

Peace,
    Beth.
  2. BethM

BethM New Member

Has anyone here had any experiences, positive or negative with essential oils as a therapeutic tool? I'd appreciate hearing your experiences.

Peace,
    Beth.
  3. majic

majic New Member

i use oils and herbs all the time. lavendar is my favorite. it is so relaxing. majic
  4. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Hey Beth,
    I just ordered lavender oil, to give it a try....should be here any day....will let you know.
    Karen
  5. BethM

BethM New Member

where did you order the oils from? How do you tell what quality you are getting? Over the weekend, I witnessed a dramatic improvement for a person by the use of essential oils, during an asthma crisis. It was amazing.

Thanks, Beth.
  6. ali-may

ali-may New Member

Hi Beth,

I've been using aromatherapy for five years. The essential oils really do work on both a physical and emotional level (eg relaxation, calming, or stimulating the mind). Some oils are potent antiseptics or can work on minor ailments such as headaches, stomach pains, flatulence, muscle aches, constipation, skin conditions, etc.

BUT it has never done a thing for my fatigue.

Ali
  7. boyesbo

boyesbo New Member

Hi,

I hit the menopause wall a year and a half ago. A natural healer got me on enzymes and herbs, but the first thing she did was rub and essential oil blend called "Release" into my heart chakkra. It was basically uphill from there.

About eight months later I bought my own Release oil, as well as Lavender (food grade, highest quality) and an oil blend called Valor.

At first I was so fragile that all but Release and Lavender were too energizing. But pretty soon I began to enjoy that energized feeling, and to incorporate it into my healing regime.

Now I swear by the oils. Best detox I ever had! I'm starting teaching ballet again, and getting my other (similarly aged) friends energized again.

best to you.
    bo-YES-bo
  8. lease79

lease79 New Member

I use essential oils all the time. Lavender is my all time favourite :)

Lease
  9. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I use em too.... I bathe in essential oils... mix them with some sea salt and a little baking soda.. sometimes adding lemons or limes to the bath as well... my advice is to find an aromatherapist and/or read read read... also there are many differnet grades of oil so you need a little help getting started... try an interenet search on essential oils for more info. I do have one recommendation though. I use v vax eucalyptus essential oil when I have colds or sinus problems and its the absolute best! Try a health food store for info too! Good luck!
  10. leann_sweeney

leann_sweeney New Member

My massage therapist used lavender oil when I got totally congested during a treatment. It was like some miracle drug. I immediately felt better, my head cleared and I could enjoy the benefits of the massage. I am HIGHLY sensitive to odors and was very hesitant, but this worked. The only shampoo I can use now that doesn't give me a headache is lavender scented. Very mild. Makes my beautician crazy that I'm using some "drugstore" brand shampoo.
  11. BethM

BethM New Member

This seems like a clean and non toxic way to help us feel better, and that's what I'm looking for now.

I hope this is ok to post... I've had a company called (I think) Youngliving or Younglife or something like that, referred to me as a source for pure and high quality oils. Their product is sorta expensive, and you have to buy a membership, which I am leery of doing. It's too much like a MLM thing. Anyone ever hear of them? The people who referred me to them are honest and good people, are not trying to make this into a business, just like the products and have had good results with them. I guess I'm looking for another opinion too, before I invest money in their product. Then again, I don't want to buy inferior oils that are ineffective, either! I've spent too much money in my life chasing dead end hopes.

Gosh, this quest for better health has almost become a hobby, or an obsession, or something. I just know there has to be an answer out there that isn't worse than this DD.

Peace,
    Beth.[This Message was Edited on 10/03/2002]