essential person benefit....have you heard???(more $$)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by inpain3, Oct 1, 2002.

1. inpain3

inpain3 New Member

I was told that there is/was a benefit for us on disability, long term i think. Well, it is called "essential person benefit". it is for our spouses, friends or whoever is there to care for us ..the bad thing, they cannot work and must be with you 24 hours a day...which hubby usually is...
    as long as you are on ssi or ssd, then who ever you choose to care for you is eligible BUT, i heard they did away with that program in the 80's. GOLLYGEEDARNIT!!!
    if i am mistaken please let me know so i can go collect what hubby is due....
    has anyone else heard of this...??

God bless!
    inpain3
  2. inpain3

inpain3 New Member

I was told that there is/was a benefit for us on disability, long term i think. Well, it is called "essential person benefit". it is for our spouses, friends or whoever is there to care for us ..the bad thing, they cannot work and must be with you 24 hours a day...which hubby usually is...
    as long as you are on ssi or ssd, then who ever you choose to care for you is eligible BUT, i heard they did away with that program in the 80's. GOLLYGEEDARNIT!!!
    if i am mistaken please let me know so i can go collect what hubby is due....
    has anyone else heard of this...??

God bless!
    inpain3
  3. inpain3

inpain3 New Member

was on second page,,,needed a little push to the front....

God bless!
    inpain3
  4. motg

motg New Member

I wold like to know if you can still get this so I bumped to the first page.
    Barb
  5. inpain3

inpain3 New Member

bumpity bump!!

not sure if you can still get it, that is what i was wondering...so if anyone has any info on it..please fill me and all of us in!!

thanks!
    God bless!!

inpain3
  6. allhart

allhart New Member

try these sites i looked couldnt find it if you do let me know ill keep looking also

www.cfda.gov
    www.fristgov.gov
  7. svajainga

svajainga New Member

I know someone who is on disability due to AIDS and his mother is paid $1500 a month to be his "caretaker". This is all I know about the issue.The program must still be around it would seem. Sorry i cant help more.Take care!!!