estrogen after hysterectomy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kittycamcj, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kittycamcj

kittycamcj New Member

does anyone take estratest? i have been on this estrogen since my hysterectomy dec '05 i know this is why i have gained weight. has anyone gained weight after a hysterectomy?
    take care,
    carol
  2. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

I gained a little bit of weight after my hysterectomy. It was about 11 years ago and I have been on hormone replacement since then.

My pharmacist has literally begged my doc to let me go to the natural hormones that he does himself. Finally, my doc went to a seminar on it and came home very excited about them. I have tried them for about two months and am better than before.

I do recommend to take the lowest dose that you can get away with.

I call them my 'happy pills'. For good reason too!

How are you feeling after the surgery besides the hormone and weight part of it all. I felt great and have not regretted my for one second.

Blessings,
    Maia
  3. kittycamcj

kittycamcj New Member

i take one pill it's 1.25/2.5mg. i can tell it's helped my hair, nails, and skin, but that's about it. if i wasn't dealing with the fibromyalgia, depression and anxiety i'm sure i would feel better.i not only had a complete hysteretomy i had a bladder lift at the same time, it was a little more of a recovery. maybe it's just going to take more time. i just don't feel happy. have any idea's?
    take care,
    carol
  4. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

How long has it been?

My "Happy Pills" don't make me happy either..in fact I am really at a low low spot right now.

But, if I don't take them everybody better watch out because the 'crabby mean ol lady' does show up!! Then NOBODY'S happy! (Know what I mean?)

Are you taking 1.25 or 2.5? I had to go to the 2.5 to start out with and I have gradually decreased it over the years. I am on a natural product now and doing really good.

Frankly, by now I can go without them, except for getting sooooooooo darned hot at times. Just can't stand the fluctuation in body heat, especially trying to sleep.

I really think you will be ok, just tweek the medicine until you get it to make you satisfied. Remember you can always wean off of it. I was only 30 when I had mine, so my body really needed the full dose of estrogen still.

We are all different, just be patient.
    Maia
  5. kittycamcj

kittycamcj New Member

it just says 1.25/2.5 on the bottle. thanks for the feedback.
    i will just try and deal with my moods the best that i can.
    take care,
    carol
  6. lillyrose33

lillyrose33 New Member

I had a hysterectomy in 2001 and started on Estratest 6 weeks after the surgery and have been on it ever since. Have no problems with it. They did start me on Full strength but lowered it to half. Have gained weight but not sure if it is because of estrogen but lack of excercise. I can't seem to do to much without putting myself into a major flare up.
    Good luck and take care.

Cathy