Even though I am discouraged I still look to the lord for help

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by griswoldgirl, May 1, 2002.

1. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

Prayer is automatic for me. I pray out loud in my car on the drive to work. One day I will get pulled over for talking to myself. LOL

thank you everyone for your kind words and thoughts, the support I get from all of you is beyond words. We are all just words on a web page to some, but to me we are building friendships and support systems that sometimes your friends, family, coworkers etc can not give becasue they do not understand no matter how much they try.

todays communication with the hubby-he called me an annoying drip from Proverbs, a nagging wife etc. Always complaining etc, just because I got honest and asked for help the last few days. We had a family session that did not go to well yesterday for me. I was on the hot seat and it was very uncomfortable. I seem to be an annoying drip at work also. soooooo- I have clamed up and just keeping to myself and not opening my mouth unless it is necessary-because not much positive has come out. My pain level has been at a 8-10 for a month now- and i get cranky-I am human.

I smile inside when I remind myself that god is in control, not me. I know there is one set of footprints in the sand at the moment.

I shall pray for all of you as well

cathy
  2. Harmony

Harmony New Member

My prayers are with you and your family!
    I am also thankful we have the support here and caring friendships. Even though we haven't met each other in person, we have a special bond that the Lord has given us.

You have your faith and that will keep you going.
    I love the footprints poem you made reference to,
    "when there was only one set of footprints, it was there I carried you". Isn't that true and what a loving God to care so much for us.
    He will carry you, Cathy, through this hard time.

Love and Hugs,
    Harmony
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sometimes or family, friends and co-workers are just too close to the our problem, and they get blind-sided with all of our overwhelming problems.

Thats what makes these boards so wonderful, when we have no other human contact that can really relate to us, these people here have walked in our shoes, therefore we understand exactly how you are feeling.

I am so glad you shared with us, we can pray specifically for you invidiual needs and related to them too!

Will be praying for you by name, and by problem this night.

You come here as often as you feel the need Cathy, we love having you, and we consider prayer a blessing and a gift from the Lord.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. LBinCA

LBinCA New Member

Dear Cathy,

I understand your plight and pray for comfort for you right now. It seems when those dark times come, I too, remember the Footprints poem, I can see the beach and the Sand. I know He is carrying me, cause somehow I keep walking, but I am numb. My prayers and thoughts are with you through this difficult time.

Love and Hugs,LoriB