Evening Palpitations Triggered by Eating/Swallowing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Elisa, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi All,

I have been to cardiologists for years... not so much help there. Diagnoses - PVCs, low bp, postural tachyecardia - most of the same that many with CFS/FM have.

The last few days I have had near non-stop palpitations. This evening I noticed it definately is triggered by swallowing/eating.

I have had a very bad year - over a year of fever, fast heart rate since April 08, weird thyroid test results - countless docs. No doubt I feel hopeless medical help-wise. I have never had any help - and I have had this DD over 12 yrs.

Usually coQ10 or magnesium (in hot water) settles things down - but not now. Any ideas?

Also, my family has been pushing hard the whole positive thinking thing as the cure...which causes me terrible emotional pain as you can imagine. Plus they really want me to go see doctor after doctor and I just don't want to go anymore. They say I am hurting them by not solving things.

Anyway...open to ideas.

Thanks so much!

God Bless,

2. helpeachother

helpeachother New Member

Hi Elisabeth, really sorry to hear about this, I know how uncomfortable and concerned it make you feel.

This sounds strange, but it can't hurt you: try IOSOL, it is a "supplement" basically iodine, and it worked wonders for me. I've got over 10 years of CFS, FM, Lyme, MCS, cognitive impairment, diabetes, Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia (fast heart rate for "no reason") etc etc all leading me to a real state of disability.

When the pounding heart and palpitations got no attention from multiple mds and cardiologists (holding my tongue here) as well as tests, a well-meaning chiropractor suggested some supplements, etc and and and that I should start with ONE DROP of IOSOL supplement per day (or as symptomatic) in a glass of water, and work up to more if needed.

I Thank God for that suggestion, and I rarely get above the one drop a day, except when the pounding heart acts up. It acts almost immediately, with no side-effects for me.

A glass bottle with dropper-cap costs about 15$ (look it up on the internet) and this lasts me more than a half of a year. It also never expires.

Please try this and good luck.

Also, a good prescription to have around is Atenelol. Its generic, cheap and been around for many years. Its supposed to lower blood pressure, so watch that if you are prone to low BP, BUT taken in small doses as needed it WILL LOWER your HEART RATE in 10 or 20 minutes. Look it up and follow the doctor's instructions, of course.

Let me know how you make out. PEACE
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Do you by chance have a goiter from your thyroid problems? At one time I had hyperthyroidism and a small goiter.

It seemed like I would notice the palpitations after swallowing, eating or a full stomach.

I know that after I eat, I can feel my heart beating, more like vibrating which could mean that there is less room from a full stomach and pressure in the chest area?

If you are having tachycardia, I would think this would make things worse.

When I had the tachycardia, I took a beta blocker to bring down my heartbeat.

After a few months, my thyroid was normal again until twenty years later when I became hypothyroid.

I hope that you get to feeling better soon.