Evening Revitalization Anyone? Why?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MsE, May 29, 2008.

1. MsE

MsE New Member

Do any of you find that you begin to feel better when the sun goes down? Evening revitilization? If so, do you know why?

I used to be a morning person. Now I don't come to life until later in the day. That's when I feel better, though it doesn't last very long. Again, do any of you know why this happens?

I can't put it down to the heat of the day because the Pacific Northwest, at least my corner of it, has been very cool. Haven't been able to pin it down to meds either. Any clues? MsE
  2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

yes. I do not take med.s except Xanax before bed. I put it down to circadian rhythm.

3. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

Your cortisol levels should be highest in the morning and waning through the night. Our cortisol is lowest in morning and highest at night.

It is related to the circadian rythym but as a cause of the dysfunction rather than result.

My opinion, others may differ.

Read Adrenal Fatigue by Dr. James Wilson.

4. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Soem people use Seriphos to tamp down evening cortisol.
  5. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

some dadys though I goall day and then again the next day, unfortunately then I collapse for a day or day, go figure...

My doc reckons I just need to get used to the idea that my life is going to be that way for the time being, great I say but there must a reason why!!!!!!

angel hugs to all

6. MsE

MsE New Member

So the circadian rhythm gets messed up because of CFS? Okay. And someone suggested a book by James Wilson titled Adrenal Fatigue. Can anyone explain why adrenal fatigue would cause the body to switch as mine has? Is it that the circadian rhythm mess up is caused by adrenal fatigue is caused by CFS? Have I got it straight?

Yes, I'll see if I can get a copy of the book. Thanks for the suggestion.
  7. MsE

MsE New Member

Me again. I guess I also need to read up on cortisol and how it works in the body. So far I've done as the woman who said her doc said to just get used to it (or words to that effect), but I've been curious as to the reason everything has changed. Thanks again, All.
  8. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

it's got to be the Cortisol thing, i recently had a saliva test done. it showed almost NO cortisol or Dhea!! i was barely on the chart. the compounding Pharmacist asked me if i feel better in the evenings. he said it's partly because of the cortisol/DHEA thing. he said most of his cfids fibro patients are severely low so it wasent a surprise to him. now on top of all the other things im taking i have to take 6 cortisol pills a day & DHEA too. its been about a month since i started them hopefully it will kick in soon!
  9. MsE

MsE New Member

I have to tell you that I often find I have more respect for pharmacists than docs these days when it comes to meds. I'll do some research on cortisol. Thanks for your input. MsE
  10. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I live over on the Olympic Peninsula and see that you are on the coast. Yea, no warmth here eh? Everything that I have researched points to cortisol also. I feel like I have the most energy of my day starting at 7:00. P
  11. MsE

MsE New Member

Yup. Right about 5:00 pm on for a few hours! Olympic Peninsula, huh? Me too! We are neighbors!! I'll put a note on the chit-chat board before the day is over. MsE
  12. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

i must say, i really like the compounding Pharmacist i have found. i recently had a hysterectomy & finally got my Gyn to send me to him for Bio identical hormones.
    Not only did he know his stuff about the hormone thing,But if it wasent for him i would have never put the low dhea / cortisol thing together with the fibro/cfids.Even my Fibro doc in Houston had never mentioned it to me or to ny knowledge ever did any testing to see if i was low or not. so your right , sometimes they can be just as smart and helpful as our doctors! you might ask doc for a blood or saliva test just to see if you would benefit from supplements. i bet you your abnormally low, like a lot of us are. Feel better, Kat
  13. MsE

MsE New Member

I didn't get to the chit chat board as I intended, so I thought I should leave this note. Just exhausted today. Will answer the posts on this board and call it a day.

I wonder how many of us suffering from these dd's live on the Peninsula?
  14. MsE

MsE New Member

Although I had made up my mind not to bother my doctor with any more CFS complaints, your post has made me decide to try once more. I'll mention the hormones you discussed and see if he is willing to order a test. Thank you for suggesting it. MsE
  15. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

i know what you mean about telling the Doc. about yet another thing wrong! they have a thread on hear about some of us having an electrical feeling going thru our bodies & what the he heck could it be. JUst one more thing i havent mentioned to the doctor, i think if i told her all my symptoms, she would walk out & never come back ( Kidding)But the dhea/Cortisol is pretty common, so i say go for it, whats one more blood test huh! :) let us know what they find. Kat
  16. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

Not to be a downer but mainstream medicine will do a cortisol blood test which is not very useful for various reasons. Let me know if you want them, kinda pooped today.

The best test is the 24 hour saliva test. Done on day 21 of your cycle if you are a woman. (according to my functional medicine doctor).

I sent mine off but haven't gotten the results yet.

You take a saliva sample 4 times per day and this is how they find out if your body is working backwards.

17. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

Thats the test i did, ( Saliva) took 4 samples and waited about 2 weeks for results. some people say blood is better some say Saliva.my Saliva test was kinda expensive 150.00:( and im weaiting to see if Ins will reimburse me. since it was to check my hormone levels, im not so sure as they quit paying for any Bio Identical hormone replacements in 07.
  18. MsE

MsE New Member

Did your docs authorize the saliva test or did you send in to one of the online deals? Or do you have to go to a naturopath?
  19. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

I began seeing a functional medicine doctor (like a naturopath) and she gave me the kit to take home and do then I mailed it in with my check.

I will try to submit to insurance too. Didn't think of that.

20. MsE

MsE New Member

Thanks for the info, Marti.