ever been so tired of not being able to remember anything?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 69mach1, Apr 12, 2006.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i go to post something and click on post and forget what the heck i wanted to post....

or go to google something and can not remember what i wanted to google...

in mid sentence and forget what the heck i was saying..

in mid sentence at the dr's office and thought what the heck was she asking me was wrong with me...?

that has been my mind latel, again...i hate this...

i used to be able to remember an appointment w/o card reminder...not anymore..
    new add on's

forget if i took a med or not...then i say heck i better not because i could od if i already did...

have to check several times at night to make sure if i set the alarm clock..

i left mail in my purse or car thinking i already went to post office and put in the mail to pay the bills..

thank god i get the email reminder and i get the hardcopy in mail...

i have put the milk in the cupboard then blamed my son,,,he said it wasn't him...then i realize it was me...

he tells me all the time i have a bad memory...

jodie[This Message was Edited on 04/13/2006]
  2. FoggyDayz

FoggyDayz New Member

I think I hit the ultimate in short term memory loss the other day when I went to the bathroom and couldn't remember if I had wiped or not... i had to look in the toilet to check. Pathetic!

I do all the things you mention in your post.

Last night DH sat me down and said, "We need to establish some new rules... if you turn the stove or oven on, you cannot leave the kitchen until you are done making whatever you started. I am getting very concerned." It kind of pissed me off, but he is right and that is the MOST frustrating part.

Hugs!
    FoggyDayz
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

sometimes i wonder if my 16 year old is going to instutuionaliaze me...did i spell that right? i used to be a great speller at one time...

hugs to you to...

jodie
  4. sues1

sues1 New Member

I turn my timer on in the kitchen most of the time....when I have something cooking.....helps...also stress adds to our confusion...so this little practice helps me relax.

My husband says he keeps me around for grin and giggles......he says it with much love.

If I get confused or forget a name when out..I often will say that I am sorry but my illness creates a memory problem.
    That it does not cause me very many problems, mostly remembering names of people. People accept that fine, because for the most part I can converse with no other problems.
    If asked further I will say CFIDS and FIBRO and they will say "It will do that?" and I am glad they are getting a different look at this illness. They are stunned.
    I also seem to get more respect shown to me. People just do not know.[This Message was Edited on 04/13/2006]
  5. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Have burned many a stop top covers.And boy do they smell.There are days when I forget to eat!!
    Yesterday I had to bring my toast to bed and eat it laying down.At least I remembered to eat:>)
    Does chewing your food exhaust you.If this makes sense,my face feels tired,heck theres not a part on me that does'nt feel tired!!!!
    TAKE CARE,
    hugs
    Jordane
  6. Teresa6868

Teresa6868 New Member

I get so sick of the memory problems. Same here with the meds,posting,spelling,etc. The list is endless............

I am bad about interupting people,if I have a thought about what they are talking about, if I don't say it that very second it's gone from my brain.

Pre-FM days I hated when people interupted others. I really am trying to stop doing this. Causes me to stare at them blankly when it's my turn to give my input.

I am unable to even remember what they just said too. Makes me wanna scream.

I also have trouble in the shower, trying to remember if I washed my hair yet or not, or did I already scrub.

We wear ourselves out trying to remember stuffs!!!!!

Soft hugs, Teresa
  7. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

i will put effort into going thru grocery store sale flyer, writing my list, checking my cabinets for additional items to add. i will later go to the grocery store and find that my list is back at home.

can't tell you how many times that's happened.

and the speaking and forgetting in mid sentence happens to me often. it's actually embarrassing.

and how about searching for a word while talking (could even be a simply word) and it just cannot be found??

what's your opinion on the sources of this type of lapse?? i truly believe it's the fm alone. could be meds as well but i don't take anything mind-altering and perhaps SHOULD! ha!
  8. sues1

sues1 New Member

Your posting made me want to know more on the Fog......so I went searching. I posted one find under Brain Fog & what causes it...... Susan
  9. sues1

sues1 New Member

Yes, I have problems with eating sometimes. Really so if I cook a good meal. There is no energy left to eat sometimes.
    Eating sometimes feels like real hard labor! (Then why am I over weight?LOL).

Not for a while, but my DH sometimes will cut up meat for me as I can't. Even in resturants he will do this if I need help.

Sometimes I can not peel potatoes and such. I have not made cookies for yrs. The repeation of doing it is too painful. We really do not need them anyhow! But much I can not do or only can do here and there.

I would suggest NOT having stove burner covers. Look around and see how you can make your home safer for yourself. Just because you always did it that way does not mean that you have to now.

Use a timer in your kitchen. I also never go away with my dryer running as I am afraid of fires. Unplus your coffee pot when not in use and so forth.

Get good habits...anything that is a habit you will usually do everytime. I always lock my door after getting the mail/news paper and such. It is a habit. I have less of a chance of leaving it unlocked and going to bed. I used to NEVER lock my doors! Times has chanced.Stay safe and wishing all the best.......Susan
  10. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Yep!

Forgot what else I was going to say.:)

Claudia
  11. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

That reminds me of something I did yesterday. I was making beef stew in a crockpot and while I was cutting up the potatoes (on a plastic cutting board, on the stove) I accidentally turned the burner on high. Phew! The smell of burning plastic about drove me out the door! Luckily, it didn't catch on fire, and both the burner and the cutting board are OK, although a little worse for wear. Although this is funny, it could have been a tragedy, so I adjure you all to be very careful! Especially with our brain fart...fog! LOL
    [This Message was Edited on 04/13/2006]
  12. chloeuk

chloeuk New Member

It is one of the worst symptoms..its scary, my husband taped a programme and then said we saw this one last night and I said I havent seen it...he looks at me like I am crazy then reels off what happens and prompts me and I still dont remember...we laughed about it...like advantage of enjoying something like it was the first time...tbh though I really hate it, my memory was always so great and now I have trouble with everything and feel like a fool.
  13. petsrme

petsrme Member

I have ruined so many burner covers it is pitiful. I have also put milk and cold items in the pantry. I put the phone in the trash can the other day. I remember the stupidist stuff but can't remember the simplest things. It is scary isn't it?
  14. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it just gets frustrating at times...then i have my son saying mom you can't remember anything...

for instant last week he told me he had a tick on him, but he didn't tell me...i asked why? he said last time i freaked out when he had a tick in his arm...

i said no you didn't have a tick in your arm...he said yes he did and proceeded to tell me how he thought it was a mole and squeezed and got out the body but not the head..the he got the head out later on that night....

i said no...he said mom you freaked and told me how i could get lymes disease and you were researcing it on the internet...

now how the heck can i forget all of this....? well i'm sure i was dealing with a divorce and fibro stuff...

jodie
  15. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Ellen Degeneres says, "And I do have one."
    Dave Barry says, "The point is, I have no point."

I usually have a point to make when I start, but it often gets waylaid somehow.

The other day I wanted to say some word, but said "milk" instead. This story would be more colorful if I could remember what that other word was. It certainly didn't have anything to do with milk.
  16. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

can someone tell me something?

can someone tell me?

can someone tell?

can someone?

can?

[the above is an actual 'brain fog' caught happening live]