Ever feel let down when you try something and it doesn't work?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chelz, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Chelz

Chelz New Member

This may seem like a stupid question, but I just had to ask anyway. My intense disappointment when I try yet another "thing" to help me with my FM, lumbar pain, bursitis, fatigue, brain fog, migrains. I must seem like a piece of work, LOL.

Seriously, I do try to have a sense of humor and keep my cool, but depression, despair and anxiety is really staring to set in more than it usually does.

Years ago, even with my FM I was still able to go take a half an hour walk, not I can't anymore because of bursitis in hips and other FM problems.

I am now on my third chiropractor, went to physical therapy 3 times, water therapy twice, accupuncture twice, massage off and on.

If you looked in my bedroom closet, I have so many supplements that I could open up my own health food store, it looks pathetic.

The prescription meds had to be the worse of them all. Lots of weight gain with past antidepressants, side effects with muscle relaxants that I had to stop taking them. Vioxx and Zoloft almost sent me to the ER.

Yet, each and every time I try to do something positive for my FM, I have high hopes that whatever I do will help me and sometimes it does for a short while, but nothing that is sustaining.

I do have to say that a friend I work with who knows I have FM told me the other day that she feels I am such a strong person, she is aware of all the things I do to try to help myself and told me that I just don't realize my strength, tenacity and sense of humor.

This made me feel better, but she also doesn't know how much I cry on my own. I am only 43 and am TIRED of hoping for the best and really not getting that. Little by little my will is going and not sure what next to do. Hugs, Chelz.
  2. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

Feel this way. But you can't stop trying. What works for some may not work for you. Everyone is different.

When I noticed some relief,I found out that I have sleep apnea on top of everything else. I continue to see chiro. I still have pain,but not as intense as before.

If your not sleeping well you may have apnea, to much stess,depression. There are so many things that could be causing your symptoms,you have find what works for you. I have tried just about every sleep aid. Nothing worked. Not even pain meds. But I am getting relief now as long as I don't overdo it. I have to pace myself.

Before I could'nt walk around the block or go up and down stairs,going for a ride in the car was pure hell. I could'nt even pick up my grandchildren! That really broke my heart.

My pain has gotton alot easier to handle. It's still there don't get me wrong and I still have my fibro fog, but not as intense.

I take effexor- for depression
    MSM with glucosamine
    Vit.D-for deficency
    Vit. E
    Vit. C
    CPAP machine-sleep apnea

I don't know if any of the vit. are helping, I know the machine is. I don't have the hot and cold flashes anymore, my fibro fog is better, And can walk .6 of a mile now, some days I even ride my bicycle .6 of a mile.Not everyday but most days.

I'm 46 yrs. old, I have been very active all my life. I know where you are coming from. But give things a chance to work,Honey. I've gained the weight,I have cried my eyes out more times than I can count and my Dr.'s probably think I'm a hypochondriac. But you know what? I don't care! I will continue to try different things till I'm in my grave. Because I'm not done living my life yet!!

So you keep your chin up and keep going girl. You can do it!! We are here for you. Gentle Hugs, Robin
    [This Message was Edited on 10/19/2008]
  3. greatgran

greatgran Member

I feel this way and have tried so many things and so far nothing has helped, except xanax has taken the edge off to help me handle this darn dd. I have CFS/Fm, Anxiety/Depression and seem to be getting worse.

I did have a couple of years I was able to get out of the house and actually plan a few things but since March I have been staying home, mostly in bed.

I do hope someday,
  4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I spent close to a hundred dollars on new supplements and NOTHING helped. In fact, the herbs turned out to be way too strong for me and made me relapse. I ended up having to sleep alot for almost two weeks. And I still feel super awful.

It's just so frustrating that we get desperate and have to try anything we can because no one is helping us.