Ever feel like it can't get any worse.. BUT it does

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Joannie, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Joannie

Joannie New Member

I am having a horrible month and just need to vent. SORRY. I was denied AGAIN my SS. Disability because my Attorney is a jerk and hasn't done is job. I have tried contacting him since the 1st and he has only once replied. Told me to bring in the letter he hasn't seen it and he'd call. I said you didn't get the letter?! Yea I am sure I have, just bring it in. It has been over a week and no call. I have called back twice. Today I got the same old thing. AND I was soo mad. He's busy can have your number. I said NO! I will find an Attorney who wants to work for me. I am so sick of him it isn't even funny. He has put this off almost a month and that would have been time closer to an appeal I think. Now I am afraid, where do I go for another Attorney.
    Not only this is happening but I have had to see a gastro who insisted on a colonoscopy, YUCK!!! Now I have to see a Urologist tomorrow. Then if things are okay I have to have a hysterectomy. So there are more medical bills to deal with. Which in September I had emergency surgery and am facing a lot of money out of pocket for that surgery. I can't work and we live only on my husbands income with three children. I was so counting on my disability going through. I swear things never go right for us.
    Sorry to vent but I feel like just screaming out why me somedays. And today is one of them. I am just so mad.
    Thanks for listening.
    Joannie
  2. Joannie

Joannie New Member

I am having a horrible month and just need to vent. SORRY. I was denied AGAIN my SS. Disability because my Attorney is a jerk and hasn't done is job. I have tried contacting him since the 1st and he has only once replied. Told me to bring in the letter he hasn't seen it and he'd call. I said you didn't get the letter?! Yea I am sure I have, just bring it in. It has been over a week and no call. I have called back twice. Today I got the same old thing. AND I was soo mad. He's busy can have your number. I said NO! I will find an Attorney who wants to work for me. I am so sick of him it isn't even funny. He has put this off almost a month and that would have been time closer to an appeal I think. Now I am afraid, where do I go for another Attorney.
    Not only this is happening but I have had to see a gastro who insisted on a colonoscopy, YUCK!!! Now I have to see a Urologist tomorrow. Then if things are okay I have to have a hysterectomy. So there are more medical bills to deal with. Which in September I had emergency surgery and am facing a lot of money out of pocket for that surgery. I can't work and we live only on my husbands income with three children. I was so counting on my disability going through. I swear things never go right for us.
    Sorry to vent but I feel like just screaming out why me somedays. And today is one of them. I am just so mad.
    Thanks for listening.
    Joannie
  3. ufuomalinda

ufuomalinda New Member

hi I just read your note you need to find adotor that can say you are depressed going for fms is every hard to get it that way ssi that is but if you can get your doctor to say that she or he is treating for depresion you will get it right away thats how i got it I tryed for five years to get it the other ay it didnt work but as soon as i said depression i got it in three monthswith no trouble at all.Because where is no test to say that you have it and thats hat ssi looks for so see about trying it this way and after all this you must be depresed so us that ...
    I hope this helped a little
    best of luck linda
  4. Joannie

Joannie New Member

Sad thing is my shrink was willing to write the letter. Have seen him since it started. But my attorneu was supposed to contact him on what he wanted. He would have gladly written a letter to the appeals counsel for my depression. BUT attorney never returned calls. I wonder if I shoud just re-apply all together. I will lose over two years of back pay over it though. Upsets me terribly.
    Thanks,
    Jpoannie
  5. twjen

twjen New Member

I know how you feel, mine isnt ssi, but going to get fired from my job next week because of this and DR. not filling out fmla correctly. My employer has been a pain and required constant fmla updates for chronic conditions. Anyway, IM not going to bug Dr. anymore, so Im going to get fired. I have 3 children also, and will have to try to survive on my husbands income. Which will have to do because I just cant push myself with this anymore like I did the last round. I had a colonscopy in Sept. and it showed I have colitis (do you get diareah also?, thats what I got mine done for). The preparation for the test is worse than the test. I didnt fall asleep through it though, the drugs hit me afterward. There is some pressure, but its not too bad. Hope yours goe's okay. I put mine off for 9 months, but then decided to get it because my grandma has colon cancer. Luckily mine is not cancer, and may "just" be part of the Fibromyalgia. I will pray for you that something will work out for your family. Just do what you can and try to find other things to do when things get beyond your control. IM sure you know what I mean. Dont get to upset, you will only feel worse. Do what your heart tells you about this attorney. Has he ever seemed interested and followed through? If not really, then maybe find new attorney. If all your money is tied up with this lawyer than maybe you need to try some constant but gentle persuasion to keep him moving. Happy Thanksgiving. God Bless. Jen
  6. Roxi

Roxi New Member

get another attorney! I think a woman lawyer is more understanding! My lawyer says depression is the key too. We're waiting for our hearing date. Don't re-file and lose that time! SSI doesn't pay that much attention to who the lawyer is! I'd wait before having a bunch of medical tests or surgery! We can't take too many stresses at once! We all have colon trouble from the FM, they don't need to test that! Save yourself the strain! And the money! Work on the lawyer and get some rest! Tell the doctors to wait until you get your disability! Here's hoping you do!
  7. Joannie

Joannie New Member

I wanted to say thank you for all the support and all the kind words from everyone. I have been through the works lately. However I am in search of a new Attorney. I have one that I am to call and discuss the case. I have read through the adult impairments and fit the complete criteria for muscle skeletal problems. I also fit for the depression. I believe the judge I had knows my Attorney well enough to know he will not go out of his way to have the decision reversed. Therefore I must do what I have to to get the courts to do it since I have gone through the appeals counsel now.
    I have also been cleared and have normal findings from both the gastro and the Urologist and now need to have the hysterectomy. I have what they call adenomyosis. Very painful and it keeps me down alot. I am hoping that at least with our income I can get some state assistance to cover the copays after our ins. company pays their share. Otherwise I have to ask the hospital for help. It is very hard especially this time of year but somehow I will manage. Just get so darn aggrivated sometimes. Thank goodness for this sight and for you all being here for me with kind words and great advise when I need it most. Thank you again.
    Joannie
  8. CathRob

CathRob New Member

Hi, my name is Cathy I haven't been in this websit for a long time.. but I read your message and boy can relate...
    I first applied for SSD over 2 yrs ago.. I was denied twice and now am waiting for a court date..
    I use to live in Ca but I lost my home and now am living with my daughter in Texas..
    I had a Ca lawyer that haven't a year check his records on me and all he had was what I had sent him.
    Then I had to move to Texas and at the same time found out that if I had my SSD records sent to Texas that I would be on the top of the waiting list and would go to court right away... Well my Ca lawyer sat on my release for 4 months..
    Then I get a Texas lawyer and after 7 months I got a court date of Nov 6 she was so upset said we were not ready ..
    I told her that we had to go anyway I couldn't go anymore on
    without any money.. so she said ok.. and then 2 weeks before court she calls me and says my judge is sick and we have to reschedule your court date.
    Now I was so upset.. If I had of won I may of gotten some of my money before christmas...
    So now she tells me we will go to court in Jan 2003..
    last week I made appointment to go see her.. she of course wanted to know why... I told her I wanted to see what she had put together so when I got there it did look pretty good.
    But I found out by my dr. office in Ca that she just now asked for copies of my records..
    Everyone tells me that it is better to wait for your lawyer to get ready because if you go to court and lose it is longer waiting for a new date.
    Sorry I have made this letter so long.. I guess what I am trying to say.. is in time it will all work out but for us now it seems like we are loseing everything before we win.. and then to be in pain all the time..
    Good luck with your ssa case and keep trying...
    Take care,
    Cathy
  9. teach6

teach6 New Member

When you file your appeal you can add the additional info about your depression. If you don't have a new attorney by then ask SS what you need to do. That way you don't have to file a whole new case and lose the time and back pay you deserve.

I had to sign an agreement with my attorney. Did you have to do that? I don't think I can just switch, like that. I researched him before I called him though and feel coinfident that he'll come through for me when I need it.

I made my initial application last summer and finally finished all the paperwork in October. I was able to get in for a neuro/psych exam that my attorney wanted me to go for with a particular psychiatrist. That report made me sound pretty incompetent for holding down a any kind of job.

Good luck and I hoep you are able to resolve this issue soon.

Barbara
  10. Joannie

Joannie New Member

Here is the situation about my attorney. I was raked over the coals you might say with work comp. My Boss then was like a Father to me in a way and was very supportive of me throughout the entire process of the work injury. it got so bad that he called me and said honey you need an Attorney i asked Jay to take your case on so call him. jay was one of our regular customers. Well, he did a crappy job with that case in my opinion and assured me how I would be granted disability. I don't know if i signed papers on it or not. I know I did for the work comp though. I know that Jay has not asked for all med records. Only a few here and there is it. he had told me a year ago i was going to meet with a friend of his with disability. Well, he "forgot" about me when he had come to town. When i went to put in my appeals for the appeals counsel Jay told me to go to my shrink. The shrink would of gladly written a letter however he needed a letter from Jay. He never called me back to at all in four months plus for me to tell him to write my shrink to tell him what he needed. Each time I have gotten denied my shrink has said APPEAL it. He can't believe I've been denied. I don't know if I can switch attorney's I guess or not. But as far as I am concerned I am better off without the one I have.
    Thank you for all of your replies it means so much to me to hear from you all and know people are out there for me to turn to.
    joannie