Ever feel like you are going to pass out?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Jul 19, 2011.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Recently I have bouts of feeling like I am going to pass out. Not lightheaded or woozy, just like I might lose consciousness/tired. Anyone know what I am talking about?
  2. Elisa

Elisa Member

I have the same thing - its aweful - I lay on the floor when it hits and stay there...

Be sure to keep your liquids up (water) and salt (ideally sea salt). Sometimes our blood pressure can be low and we can get weak and hypotensive - all part of these illnesses.

Hang in there...I know how hard and scary it can be.

God Bless,

3. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

To everyone for taking the time to answer. I did think about the low blood pressure. I guess it could be that. It is a strange feeling, not like sleepy or that cement bones feeling like you can't move, but a weird feeling like you might just lose consciousness at any time...
    :( Very hard to explain.
  4. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I would definitely get my heart checked out just to be sure. When you mentioned the "cement bones" and feeling like you can't more, it reminded me of how I felt before I found out I had heart disease. I would come home from work, dead tired and hit the couch. Sometimes I would go to sleep with my work clothes on and my family would cover me up and I would sleep til morning that way. I never had any chest pain or any idea I had heart problems but my legs felt like they were weighted down with concrete like you said and I was so tired I just couldn't do much of anything.

It won't hurt to mention this to your doctor and see what they say. Better be safe than sorry. I hope everything is okay for you.

PITATOO Member

I get this way from fragrances, heat, I think it is also hormonal and hypoxia???. Plus I am on a beta-block for high blood pressure and tachycardia. I also get the feeling come over me like a fever, flushing but check my blood pressure and temp and they are both fine...??? Also I do know that this weather we are having now all over the US is causing a lot of issues with persons with FMS/CFIDS. Even though I may be in air-conditioning all day I have been totally exhauseted, worse than ever...
  6. Spoonerpaws

Spoonerpaws New Member

Yes, I do - alot

I am not sure what it is. Some times I think it could be blood sugar
  7. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

blood sugar. Didn't think of that. Sometimes have pressure behind my eyes too. Could be sinus. Oh, who knows! Why oh why do we spend so much energy and time trying to figure out something that cannot be explained???

I miss those goofy faces we used to have!