Ever Feel like you are on a medicine Merry Go Round?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Jul 30, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello all:

Do you juggle your meds when needed or just take them at a certain time the doctor prescribed?

And how many read the labels the pharmsist sticks on the bottle.

I am guily of both.

nyrofan
  2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I use 13 different scripts each day and 5 supplements. I try my best to be informed about them (what time of day is best to take them, what not to take together, etc.) though it's a lot to process.

I make up daily pill-dispensers for a two-week period, ensuring that I have the pills that need to taken at a specific time of day (take one in the morning and one at night type of instruction) sorted out that way. Then the other pills (the ones that can be taken anytime throughout the day) I take at the same time for a two-week period then mix them up a bit for the next two-week period.

None of my meds need to be taken on an empty stomach so I sort my pills into four times a day to take with breakfast, lunch, dinner and a bedtime snack.

Before I begin a new script I read the pharmacist's info and usually look the med up on the net for further information. Even though I use these many meds, I'm medication-shy and like to know what I'm putting into my system before I take it.

I abhor using this many pills but truth be told, I feel better for using them so I can't complain.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

That would explain why I have these dizzy spells!

I gave up reading the labels, try to look at the side effect info each time, but there is so much stuff on the info sheet that I get lost!

I know when and how I am supposed to take my meds and I seem to do ok. Of course if they change the dosage or times I take them, that will be like starting from scratch and I will have to retrain myself!!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!