Ever get cold sores or fever blisters? Tip

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mightyslo, Dec 12, 2002.

1. mightyslo

mightyslo New Member

Im wondering if anyone else here gets these.

A co worker told me about this and it really works.
    I get the blisters from the sun, a cold or bumping my lip.

Its anti-perspirant deodorant(Stick).It has to be anti-perspirant.You use it as soon as you notice swelling, itching or tingling and keep using it even if you didn't catch it in time and it breaks out, until it's gone.
    It dries it up, stops it from spreading, bleeding or turning to a scab and is gone faster. Please don't the anti-perspirant.[This Message was Edited on 12/12/2002]
  2. mightyslo

mightyslo New Member

Im wondering if anyone else here gets these.

A co worker told me about this and it really works.
    I get the blisters from the sun, a cold or bumping my lip.

Its anti-perspirant deodorant(Stick).It has to be anti-perspirant.You use it as soon as you notice swelling, itching or tingling and keep using it even if you didn't catch it in time and it breaks out, until it's gone.
    It dries it up, stops it from spreading, bleeding or turning to a scab and is gone faster. Please don't the anti-perspirant.[This Message was Edited on 12/12/2002]
  3. mightyslo

mightyslo New Member

I stopped getting them as much when the CFS/FM got worse.

Mslo
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Heres another remedie, when you feel it coming out, the little soreness, take an ice cube and wrap in a soft cloth, hold it on the bump untill it freezes it, then remove it and do it again. After about the third time it will kill the virus.

A Chiropractor told me this. He said cold/freezing kills the virus that causes the blister.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Herpes, cold sores, fever blisters, whatever you want to call them, are activated by stress---colds, infections, stressful environments etc. They usually run their course and then go away. The tingling you spoke of, is an indication that a sore will arise. Some people feel itching on the lip, and begin to detect swelling.
    Unfortunately you cannot "kill" this virus. It stays ever present in your spinal column, waiting to come out during stressful times. One must be careful not to pass this on to others through contact.
  6. mightyslo

mightyslo New Member

Its cheap and always around.

Thanks everyone for the other information too.

Mslo
  7. SayCheese

SayCheese New Member

(it's 9.00 AM here now in Holland)
    I also get the fever blisters and I always use maizena to dry them up. (I think it's called maizena in English too??)It really works good but only when the blisters are already open.
    Next time I feel one coming I will try the anti-perspirant deo. Thanx for that tip.

Love, SayCheese

(PS. My husband rows a longboat for a hobby and when he has blisters from it he always uses tea tree oil. Very good too.)