Ever had this sensation?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cookiebaby, Oct 2, 2002.

1. cookiebaby

cookiebaby New Member

Hi all:

This has been happening to me quite frequently lately. I'll feel like there's a bug biting my leg but there's nothing there. Besides FM/CFS (depending on which of my dr's you talk to) I've also been diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy in both lower legs/feet and hands/arms. So I'm used to weird sensations of lack of feeling, numbness, tingling, etc. Many of those shooting, burning pains have been relieved by the Topamax and Gabitril that I'm -- but this bug-biting sensation is fairly recent. Just wondering if anyone here has experienced the same thing.

I don't post often but do enjoy reading and learn a lot from all the other posts.

Cookiebaby
  2. cookiebaby

cookiebaby New Member

Hi all:

This has been happening to me quite frequently lately. I'll feel like there's a bug biting my leg but there's nothing there. Besides FM/CFS (depending on which of my dr's you talk to) I've also been diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy in both lower legs/feet and hands/arms. So I'm used to weird sensations of lack of feeling, numbness, tingling, etc. Many of those shooting, burning pains have been relieved by the Topamax and Gabitril that I'm -- but this bug-biting sensation is fairly recent. Just wondering if anyone here has experienced the same thing.

I don't post often but do enjoy reading and learn a lot from all the other posts.

Cookiebaby
  3. sean

sean New Member

Of course there are so many pains with the condition it is hard to say, but talking about bugs biting, those little critters called bed bugs are on the increase. I have experienced a Gnawing sensation in the region between the outer shin and calf muscle area though if this is what you mean by bug biting sensation.
  4. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Mine feel like bee stings and I'm always swating myself thinking I'm being bit. My hubby thinks I'm going crazy I thinkk but it really feels like something is there biting me.
    Carla
  5. zabs

zabs New Member

I have been having the same symptoms over the past 48 hours as described the the above posts.Are you still having these or its gone away.<BR>
    <BR>
    Zabs
  6. 3gs

3gs New Member

these posts are from 2002. however it usually is from nerve pain.<BR>
    <BR>
    the best thing I have found for this is like icy hot rubs.<BR>
    <BR>
    jen