Ever Had your feet hurt?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LizzyBell93, Oct 13, 2009.

1. LizzyBell93

LizzyBell93 New Member

The top of my left foot often feels like an elephant is standing on it. When this first started happening I thought I was tieing my shoe laces to tight, but when it continued to happen whether I had on gym shoes, flip flops, or nothing at all I began to wonder. Has anybody else ever experienced this problem?
  2. quanked

quanked Member

now. For the last several months I have had so much foot pain. If I am on them longer than a few minutes they start to hurt so very much but not the kind of pain you are talking about. I have not had a lot of feet problems over the years--some but not much and nothing like this. I think I am going to have to see a dr.
  3. phyllib

phyllib New Member

I do experience pain to the touch around the top edges of both feet, not so much in the center. I don't think it has anything to do with the shoes I wear either. I don't experience the sensation of a lot of pressure like you do.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/14/2009]
  4. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi lizzybell93 how are you?
    I have CFS Fibromyalgia Syndrome i also have Osteoarthritis i have a very long list of other illnesses.
    Both of my feet ache so much it feels like they are on fire i dont know why or which illness is causing it im going to see my doctor about it.
    Here are some very gentle hugs for you ((((((((((>
    Take care.
  5. SwatWife525

SwatWife525 New Member

Sometimes I think every body part I have has an elephant standing on top of it. Does the pain lessen when you elevate your feet?

I hope you feel better.
  6. faithinlove

faithinlove New Member

Yes, I have chronic foot pain. At times I feel as if my feet are on fire. then on the other hand they feel like they will never stop having those electrical shocks is what I call them.
    It helps me to elevate my feet and also to soak them in very warm water with epson salt for about 15 to 30 minutes and I go directly from the soaking of my feet to putting a king size heating pad around them.
    These are the things that have helped me in coping with my chronic foot pain.
    One more tip, I have taken a small amount of biofreeze or peppermint oil and rubbed my feet with one of those products and then put warm socks on just out of the dryer..feels so good.
    I hope all of you are doing okay today and take care of your bodies,
    I have started to listen to mine finally,
    Faith :)
  7. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

My feet have been burning for a few days. I'm not sure what is causing it, but they are also stiff. My doc just prescribed a diuretic to see if getting the water out will help.

I have been putting more pressure on my feet lately and I did have one bad day where I had to do alot of walking and standing, so it's no wonder I can't move now. But that burning sensation is horrible.

I also seem to get just the tops of my feet will hurt. Weird stuff. But I always seem to get severe foot problems if I sit too long and put pressure on the feet. So I guess that leaves out ever doing a desk job again.
  8. shelby11

shelby11 New Member

I did. I went to so many feet drs, finally my hero after 10 surgeries. My newest which said it was the nerves, like neuropathy, and gave me neuronton and it was great. Meme
  9. JLH

JLH New Member

There are many reasons for foot pain.

Have you ever had them xrayed just to make sure you have no problems with the bones?

It could be the type of shoes you are wearing.

It could be coming from a pinched nerve in your back. If you have a nerve pinched, where it is pinched at in your back will determine which part of your foot you experience the pain.

If you have diabetes, it could be nerve damage, or neuropathy.

Have you dropped anything heavy on top of that foot, a child stand on it, etc.

You need to put this on your list of things to talk about to your doc on your next visit.
  10. phuzbal265

phuzbal265 New Member

Absolutely! My feet hurt whether I stand a lot or not, but especially after a long day at work. I've actually used the analogy of having an elephant standing on my feet, too. It's intense pain and pressure. My hands and fingers hurt, as well. It feels like someone has run them over with a vehicle.
  11. Svette_Palme

Svette_Palme New Member

Oh ya, my foot pains are bad a lot of the time.

Maybe like pressure, sort of like tightness - I find myself twirling my feet in circles, like breaking up a tightness that is mostly in the ankle but also in the bottom of the foot; the tendon on the top of my big toe "pulls" very noticably most of the time.

The top of the foot does have some pain, esp. with shoes tied so I leave them loosely tied most of the time, and I go barefoot in summer a lot.

But the WORST is the foot cramps - the big tendon from the big toes goes spasmic and pulls my toes down, and from that comes calf cramps, and the only way to get it to stop is to stand on the foot and lean forward [which hurts even more, but I have to do it]. It feels like I am going to rip it when I lean forward... but that didn't happen yet.

Driving the car is bad - after about 15 mins. my gas pedal foot starts giving me "hints" that it is going spasmic, and I have to take it off the gas pedal and move it around, which is dangerous in traffic.

A few times while driving I have had cramps in the foot and had to pull over, very dangerous at times... once there was too much snow on the shoulders, hwy too narrow, traffic behind me, could not stop, almost crashed!! Now I fear winter driving - the cold makes it worse and I keep the heater on the floor full blast.
  12. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

There are so many themes and variations of feet trouble. I am sure this isn't a solution for everyone, but I wear Crocs and a lot of pressure points my shoes or sneakers used to cause are relieved. Yep! I know they are ugly.