Ever have conversations while sleeping?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IowaMorningGlory, Nov 18, 2006.

1. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

My son and I both do this and the rest of the family thinks it is hilarious. I think back now, and my mom did it too.

It is too funny. All my boys sleep upstairs, each have their own room. My foster son and youngest son will wait until Damien, my oldest is asleep...then go in and have a conversation with him. They will pick some off the wall topics like, "So Mr.President what are you going to say at your press conference today?" Then Damien will reply back to them. The next day...he doesn't remember a thing! But his brothers are having a blast!

My husband has finally realize this with me. He will talk with me after I am asleep. I will answer him and then the next day, he will say, "Well you said that last night!" I am going...huh!!

My kids have figured out if they want something, wait until i am sleeping to ask...I will usually say yes, but not remember.

Just curious, does anyone else done this or know someone or have any good stories about it?

We have had more fun over the years with this. I do love doing this with my son when he falls asleep.

I know, cheap entertainment!
    Take care and kitten hugs,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie ( I can't get to sleep, can ya tell :))
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

I think it was because I was very very tired (working and school)...

once I spent the night at a friend's because she was ill. I selpt on her couch right next to where her phone was. Apparently I answered her phone in the early morning, had a conversation AND accepted a job interview for her with a prospective employer, for which of course she never showed up, and the interview had been gotten for her by a friend of hers! I had absolutely no memory of it... talk about being embarrassed!

Altho I have to say, once we pieced together what had to have happened, she thought it was funny (she didn't really want the job anyway luckily).

Another time a new BF called me after I'd fallen asleep, and by the time I really awakened, he was sort of laughing and said he'd call back... Lord, don't have a clue as to what I said?!? -- but, he never did call back!

There were probably other times that I don't even know about, I'm betting...

all the best,

[This Message was Edited on 11/18/2006]
  3. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Hi Laurie,

I have three older brothers that had long converations all night long.They were all in different rooms of the house but that never stopped them. We all knew way too much including of course my parents.According to their mates they still do it.

When hubby and I were first married he did the same. He'd answer the phone totally asleep and not remember the call coming in. One time we were living in an apartment building on the fourth floor when this happened.Friend in level two called around 2 AM. She needed to know if we knew where the shut off for the water main was. He told her no and hung up. Next morning he told me had had a weird dream about her calling about water flodding every where. Thought she'd murder him when she found out he knew where it was as he'd helped the landlord do the plumbing. Cost the Lsndlord big time as the lower floor was weater half way up the walls. Wonder what he told the water company??The phone has been on my side of the bed ever since.

Fun topic,Maineweezie
  4. IowaMorningGlory

All in the name of science. :)

Blessed Be,
  5. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I stayed at a friend's place one night. When she was asleep she mumbled, "Fake pearls are nice."

I asked, "They are?"

"No," she replied.

I'm afraid that's the most interesting experience I've had with people talking in their sleep.
  6. IowaMorningGlory

Now when I go to sleep I either turn my phone off or at least the ringer down so I don't hear it.

I have heard I have talked with people who have called me. I don't remember but I guess my end of the conversation is a little lacking. :)

Goodness...this could be really bad if a bill collector called and all I kept saying was "Yes!" Hard telling what I might agree to, since my kids know this is the time to ask me something.

Blessed Be,