Ever have your skin turn blue?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by XKathiX, Dec 27, 2005.

1. XKathiX

XKathiX New Member

Very strange - I woke up this morning and the instep of my left foot turned blue! Like a smurf! My right foot had a little tinge but nothing like the left.

I had PT today so I showed the therapist - he checked my pulse in my foot and it was fine. Asked if I was short of breath - I'm not, asked if I twisted my foot - didn't, and asked if it hurt - it doesn't.

Very weird!
  2. Highlandrose

Highlandrose New Member

I get blue fingers fairly regularly in the winter. One of the things that can go along with FM is Reynaud's Syndrome. Some drs think it may be a precurser or indicator of FM.

Did your foot hurt/feel like it was just waking up when you started moving it and it warmed up? My fingers do and boooy is it misserable! I've been able to avoid having it happen by wearing warm gloves.

Megan
  3. XKathiX

XKathiX New Member

I do have cold hands in the winter but never blue. I have been having incredibly terrible leg cramps at night - maybe connected?
  4. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

I have Reynaud's too --- but never any other part of my body turning blue. I'd do some more searching for this, and not write it off too quickly -- could be a sign of something serious.

I believe the medical term for blue skin is "cyanosis"

Is it still blue?
  5. sdown

sdown New Member

Have you had your sed rate checked? Not all doctors check this. The 11th doctor I went to checked my sed rate. It was very poor. I went on heparin (blood thinners) for 18 months. Doctor also recommended Padma (a supplement) which helps with poor circulation. You can look it up on the internet. Its a tibetan formula. You can feel it working pushing your blood thru. It helps with energy since you have better circulation. My poor circulation was caused by mercury poisoning in my body from my fillings that were 20 years old. I have had them removed and went thru DMPS treatment. It helped alot.
  6. lbok

lbok New Member

Stress can cause the symptoms of raynauds too. Before I was sensitive to the cold I had an episode in my early 20's. I was on the phone waiting for a settlement amount from the insurance company for my totaled car and was really nervous. I noticed my hands and forearms turning blue like a crayon. Once I calmed down they turned red.