Ever heard of Kinesio Taping?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mundy, Jun 2, 2003.

1. mundy

mundy New Member

Has anyone hear ever heard of using Kinesio Taping with FM?
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Mundy, welcome to the board. No, I have not heard of Kinesio Taping, what is it?

Glad you found us, and again a big welcome............

Shalom, Shirl
  3. mundy

mundy New Member

FM has been running in my family for a number of years. My mother and older sister have been using the tape for a few months. They say it offers them support while alleviating the pain that is associated with their condition. I find this hard to believe! The therapist says he has been using for some time and it seems to work with most of his patients. Wanted to hear from other patients on whether this stuff works for them.
  4. desertlass

desertlass New Member

I was wondering what that was on her shoulder. My own shoulder is so problematic, I am going to be looking into this.

For both Jaminhealth and you, I wanted you to know that some SI joint patients would be "taped" after prolo or manipulations, because that area is so very nearly impossible to wrap.

I don't know what kind of tape it was, because I only saw photos of how to do it on the Kalindra site (DonTigny's old site).

This sounds really great.

P.S. Jam38 I'm still doing okay with my neck after the Atlas Profilax. I have just been really preoccupied with the mold/renovation problem that I haven't been on here much to report. Having a bad day in bed today, so I thought I'd check in with everyone.
  5. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

My massage therapist(MT) said she wants to be certified to do this. I don't know if the patient can do it for themselves. MT says her mother had it done; her mom is in her 60's and she loved it. The tape allows the injured muscle to rest so that it can heal. From what I understand
    it is not a cure, it another pain management technique. My MT says she thinks FM/CFS patients would benefit from it. Not many people are certified to do it. It is a growing field of health care that is usually added on to physical therapy, massage therapy, etc.
  6. pawprints

pawprints New Member

Got an appointment for next week with a PT...wil ask about the tape.

Thanks for the heads up!
  7. Bennco99

Bennco99 Member

My wife has just been diagnosed with FM and I'm really curious about using the K Tape to help her manage her pain.

Would anyone be willing to share how & where they placed the K Tape? I see articles all over about how it can help with the pain, but no instructions on where and how to place the tape.

Thank you very much in advance!
  8. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Yes. I had knee surgery (severe torn cartilage) and as part of my p/t I went to the center daily to have my knee kinesio taped. It helped stabilize the knee for better movement, strengthening, and healing . Highly recommend.