Ever read the Celestine Prophacy? Are there coincidences?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by painterZ, Mar 8, 2008.

1. painterZ

painterZ New Member

I was just wondering if any one read the book because one of the main themes is "there are no coincidences". I really believed that at the time I read it...I was much more spiritual and "enlightened" at the time. Now, its pretty much gone out the door,thing is though, it's playing a HUGE part of my life right now. I have things happening and linking up all over the place and it's brought me back to what the book was saying. So do you believe things happen for a reason and that coincidences are not what they seem?

Just curious.

2. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Yes! I read Celestine Prophecy and loved it. I believe that synchronicity plays a part in our lives, but not down to every last minuscule detail.

Back when this came out, I went to Barnes & Nobel to buy a book. I didn't have one in mind - just browsing for something. I looked up, and spotted CP about 20 feet away, and thought, "what's that???" I went over, read the jacket, and was sold.

As you know, there is nothing especially enticing about the cover. Just white print on a teal background. (I hate teal) No picture - just the title and author. But this book jumped off the shelf at me and screamed "buy me! read me!"

That, in its self was a synchronicity. I felt I was meant to see it, meant to read it. Then when I did, it changed the way I viewed the world and human behavior and interaction. I have experienced coincidences both before and after reading this, but the book made me more aware of them.

We talk occasionally here about "toxic people". CP talks a lot about that - how certain personality types can drain you of energy. Others can give you energy. That really hit home!

Although Celestine Prophecy is a work of fiction, I believe it is based on facts that are happening now, all around us. I found it very enlightening.

PainterZ, if you are seeing coincidences happening and things linking up, something is trying to tell you something. Even if you don't necessarily believe, pay attention, you may learn something from it.

Warning: No matter how tempted you may be, stay away from the movie version. It's BAD. Not just "the book was better" bad, but really bad.
  3. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

No one should go through life depending on coincidence to physically guide the way for them. Synchronicity (I prefer Carl Jung's term) is something you notice, more of a meaningful coincidence. If you pay attention, these seemingly meaningful events could guide you on the right path.

In my case with the book, I noticed this plain cover jump out at me from across the room....and instead of ignoring it and continuing to look through the books in front of me, I stopped and went to it. Turned out it was exactly what I wanted, I just didn't know it existed till that moment. Glad I payed attention!
  4. kjade

kjade New Member

No, I have never read this book, but is sounds very interesting...this is something that does intrigue me. I have strange "signs" all the time - some I ignore, and some that I will stop and say "hey, that was weird - is there something I should take from that?"

I listen everyday to a psychic on Sirius radio - she has a 3 hour show where people call in with questions, and I have called in a few times myself.

She has written a few books now on this very subject...she is always saying there are no coincidences in life - everything that happens is meant to happen. She says signs are all around us, and our angels are trying to guide us. I have 2 of her books (just haven't managed to get through them yet) but she did write an entire book on how to recognize the signs and symbols that are always around us.

It's weird....one example I have is...say I am thinking about a certain person for whatever reason, and there is a song that reminds me of them....suddenly I will turn on the radio, and the song will be playing. Coincidence?? I don't know. But I find it fascinating.

If you want to read this lady's book, let me know and I will give you her name and the title of her book. And the next time I am in the book store, I am going to look for the book you talk about here - sounds like a very good read.
  5. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

I also feel that when one of these synchronius events occurs, that it is God guiding me. I am a Christian, but I have an interest in the new age stuff, only if it doesn't interfere with my religious beliefs.

The energy in people, plants and such, and the way some people drain your energy - I have experienced that. I have also experienced the people that feed your energy. I don't understand it, but I know it happens. My son is a plant enthusiast, and just finished reading CP. From a plant lovers perspective, he really related to the stuff about energy fields.

This book struck a chord with me. It's like "enlightenment for dummies" set to a riveting adventure tale. I wish there were more books like it.
  6. painterZ

painterZ New Member

things as trivial as me thinking "Gosh, I haven't seen (movie) in so long" and then I turn on the TV and there it is. Thinking of people right before they call, knowing a family member would fall ill...tons of stuff like that. I really do miss my spirituality, the depression has just really done a job on it. Although I have trouble reading due to concentration problems, maybe I'll pick up the book again.

Thanks everyone.

7. jole

jole Member

Hey, you sound a lot like me. I too have a lot of problems with spiritual (church) issues anymore. It's not that I don't believe, it's more that I feel my faith just isn't there anymore for some reason. I'd like to have it back. I miss going to church, but when I have gone it doesn't mean anything to me anymore - plus I have panic attacks.

I also have those feelings of something being wrong but not knowing what, then get a phone call that something has happened to someone. Or that I should be somewhere else but don't know where, or certain smells reminding me of someone I knew years ago.

I would like to read that book. It sounds intriguing.
  8. painterZ

painterZ New Member

I completely understand about having panic attacks in church, sometimes I'm just like "What's wrong with me, I don't enjoy church anymore, and now I'm having panic attacks." The book is actually an easy read, and takes you on a really cool journey. If you have the time, I'd really recommend it :)
  9. Doober

Doober New Member

book make you question things? Like the DaVinci code did for a lot of people?

Is this book a work of fiction or is it a documentary type of book. I would be interested in reading.

I saw the DaVinci Code with Tom Hanks and will be reading the book to get a better insight to the story, because as we all know the books are always better than the movies.
  10. painterZ

painterZ New Member

this is a fictional story that involves a young man who hears about the prophecies and begins a journey on finding out the "rules" of life/universe. He's connected to different people and places usually by "coincidence" but quickly learns that one of the phrophecies is that there are no coincidences. This is definately the type of book that makes you think. It's spiritual in nature, not really religious but sort of understanding where we are. It's sort of difficult to discribe, but I really enjoyed it.