Ever See a UFO?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, Jan 22, 2007.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Here's a joke I found on the net:

Q: What do smart Blondes and UFOs have in common?
    A: You always hear about them but you never see them.

Well, I did see a UFO about l976. Three of them, in fact. They were round, orange discs w/ fuzzy edges.

They were 5 or 6 witnesses. We all saw them. No one had a camera. Never found out what they were. Have never heard mysterious ojects in the sky described this way.

This was in S. Minnesota; far from any military bases or test sites.

Any theories?

Have you ever seen a UFO?
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

I have never seen one but i do believe they'er out there!,,,,,,,I've seen shooting stars before and also a comet once in the summer of 97,,,,,,,,,,,I think it was haleys comit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,This is another very facinating subject! Like the twilight zone!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Area 51 Must have some truth to it don't you think? roswell also!,,,,S
  3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Makes you wonder, Rockgor, just what it was you saw. Maybe special bicentennial frisbees? Or flying orange cans of Spam from Hormel?

UFOs are a bit like supernatural events for me; I've always wanted to see one, but never have. Been to Roswell, Area 51, and the White Mountains in Arizona, too. The theory that the government has technology of which the public is unaware is more plausible than intelligent life from other solar systems visiting us. But who knows?

Ever heard of Foo Fighters--not the rock band, but the bright lights that pilots saw trailing them over Europe during WWII? Makes you wonder, indeed.

I have seen some very intelligent blondes, though; I'm married to one!
  4. Catseye

Catseye Member

What did they do?

I seem to remember seeing some strange things in the sky but since I became ill and did the antiviral chemo, most of my life's memories have been fried and are no longer accessible.

5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Many years ago I was driving home on the motorway in Manchester UK about midnight. Not much traffic and clear night and I saw what appeared to be five or six lights. My exit was close so when I pulled off I noticed a cop car was there pulled over looking at the sky(standing outside the car). I pulled in behind and soon there were four of us looking at these odd lights. Thought they were probably some government thing.

There were some reports in the paper that week of others seeing them too. Never knew what they were.

BUT when we lived in Oregon we DID see two sea serpents that looked a lot like Nessie type deal caught in behind a sandbank at low tide. We thought it was a male and female by size and the male had a bit of a squareer head and back flaps. At one time, the area they were in had been a harbor that had silted up. The tide was coming in when we saw them. Dan ran to the village to try and get a disposeable camera but had no money and the store would not take his watch as a deposit. He came back empty handed and we watched them swim out with the tide.

We always thought that we were glad in the end we had not photographed them as they may have been hounded. In that area, there have been giant squid and other strange sightings. The Marine Science Center there in Newport said there have been other sightings from time to time.

Interesting.Love Annie Crom
  6. rockgor

Plenty of normal and reasonably sane people see UFOs. I doubt they are space ships from other planets. And I'm pretty sure they were not put out by the Hormel people.

Ken, did you know they now have a Spam Museum in Austin? I'll have to go there on my next trip to MN. Austin is the county seat of Mower County. My brother lives in nearby LeRoy, and is a deputy sheriff for Mower County.

They only have token crime back there. Austin's population is about 25,000. A few years ago I asked
    my brother if they were having a crime wave. He said they had a homicide last year.

That was surprising. Turned out two guys from CA were passing through and got into a deadly knife fight. A Norskie would be more likely to swat you w/ a hunk of lutefisk.

Never heard of foo fighters. Just foo dogs in China. By the way, I am shocked at your suggestion that the govt. would keep things from us.

I've never seen any sea serpents, Annie, altho I used to catch garter snakes when I was a kid. In 5th grade one of the "farm kids" brought a baby rattlesnake to school. There was no fuss at all. Imagine what would happen today.

One of my coworkers was swimming off the coast of Oregon and said he was greatly startled when a "monster" popped up in front of him.

Turned out to be a walrus. Do walruses travel so far South?

Hey, Sis, did you know that Mark Twain came in and went out w/ Halley's Comet? In 1909 he predicted he would die the following year. And he did.

7. joyfully

joyfully New Member

And Elvis Presley was the pilot!
  8. rockgor

this because somebody posted re: UFOs. Was it 4everkid? Where did it go?

Hard to keep track of things w/ my Alzheimer's brain.

9. tandy

tandy New Member

and nobody can tell me otherwise.
    Thats how sure I am of what I saw not being of this planet.

It was many yrs ago when my oldest son was about 2 yrs old.(he's 27 now) wow,.. am I that old?
    Me and 3 other friends were driving home on the NY thruway. We saw a huge flat disk-like object just sitting above a tree!!! we acually pulled over and sat there 'looking at it',.. in awe/shock.
    soon it went from sitting there to zipping away so fast it was gone in seconds!! within 5- 6 minutes or so we saw helicopters searching the area overhead.
    (we were still sitting there in the car freaking out)
    I'm convinced there are UFO's.
  10. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I've actually seen a UFO and it was fairly recently too.

A few months ago there were sightings all around, can't remember which state got the most press.

It was early morning, still dark and I must have gotten up for a cup of coffee or something. My house looks down upon downtown Stuttgart and I looked out the window as I sat down.

Huge light, still (not moving at all) up in the distance. It was up there for quite awhile, because I got up again to check to see if I was nuts.

Nope, still there, so I watched it. Lasted maybe a minute more then in an instant, it was gone to the right. Not slowly....but wow, gone!

Pretty cool and I know I'm not nuts....

11. sisland

sisland New Member

This is a great subject!,,Facsinates Me!,,there have been many sightings on the nightly news with Brian Williams reporting that nobody has been able to exsplain yet,,,,,,,

i did get to see a huge Meteorite this spring flying through the sky at 6:am ,,,,,,,,,Beautiful sight!

BILLCAMO New Member

seen UFOs....There is/was no other explaination other than they were from somewhere else.

There are also several pilots and astronauts that have seen things that can't be explained away....

Blessings ,

[This Message was Edited on 05/28/2008]
  13. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

While I have never seen one, I find it hard to believe that all the stars in the universe are not capable of sustaining life except ours. So, I do believe there are all sorts of life forms out there. We can barely get to the next planet, let alone the next solar system, so who are we to say there are no other life forms?

A neighbor lent me a book two years ago supposedly written by a high ranking officer that was at Area 51 - the book claimed that there was a crash landing of a space craft, one or more aliens were alive, they ran, we shot them. No clue if it's true, but it sounds like something humans would do.
  14. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

but I've heard too many really credible reports to discount it.

Fascinating stuff,

15. poets

poets Member

I surely have. That's all I can say.

16. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Rock, yeah, that was me that posted the UFO topic. But when you bumped yours and we had two identical subjects side-by-side, I decided to delete mine, since yours was already going strong. I copied my post and Springwaters reply, but then neglected to paste it.

Long story shorter hopefully...
    I investigated UFO's throughout most of the 90's. I originally joined MUFON, but later our group went independent. Heard literally hundreds of accounts of sightings and (very) close encounters during that time. We also had a lot of cattle mutilations in the area. I recorded all of the cases we had in our quadrant of the state. I also offered my services as an artist to sketch for others what they had seen (both UFO's and beings) - like a police artist does. I also got to sit in on several hypnosis sessions with people who had seen a craft, then experienced missing time, and wanted to find out what happened during that time. That was very interesting!

I had always been fascinated with this subject since I was a child, but had never seen anything myself. During the time I was investigating this stuff, we went on skywatches, because our area was experiencing a major wave of UFO sightings. Never had much luck with that.

Finally one night, a group of the women decided to head out without the men and attempt to call something down. We went to an area where there had been ongoing sightings, almost on a nightly basis. There were 8 of us. We would chat for a while, then meditate or focus for a few minutes, off and on for an hour or so. Finally stuff started to happen.

First we saw starlike clusters that would swirl around, then blink out, then appear in another spot. This went on for a few minutes. A little while after that, we saw a big craft with lights around it, round, but flat on top and bottom. It moved along soundlessly above the treeline across the field from where we stood. It disappeared from front to back, as if it had moved behind an invisible wall. Very strange! Then about 15 minutes later, some of us saw a huge blinding flash of light where the craft had last been seen.

Another very strange phenomenon that happened that night concerned the clouds. It was a very clear night with all the stars shining. Not a cloud in the sky. We were out in the country away from the city lights, on a high, wide open spot where you could see clearly in all directions.

Early, before we started seeing things, we noticed that there was an odd haze on the horizon, all the way around us. As time passed, this haze moved upward from all sides and began to obscure the stars. After we saw the craft we noticed that by this time, the haze had moved up and covered all but a round hole of clear sky directly above us.

We decided that since we could no longer see the sky we might as well go home. It was like the curtain had closed and the show was over. As we drove away, I looked out the window and noticed that the sky was crystal clear, with all the stars shining. We were less than a half mile from where we had been skywatching. I looked back to where we had been, and it was clear there too! No haze anywhere! Very bizarre!

That was the ONLY time I have ever seen something I couldn't explain away. And I have tried! It was an awesome experience for me, and I will never forget it. I am just glad they stayed at a distance though!

I have interviewed a LOT of witnesses, and none of them seemed like crazy people. Average people, professional people with college degrees, and a lot of the time, they are people who were skeptics before seeing something themselves. Almost all interviews begin with the words, "You guys are gonna think I'm crazy, but..."

Sorry for the lengthy post. I am just not good at summarizing! I really could write a book on the subject!
  17. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Now that was not very nice. I take offense to that joke about blondes. LOL Just kidding. I have some good ones for you:

What's black and blue and brown and laying in a ditch?
    A brunette who's told too many blonde jokes

What do you call going on a blind date with a brunette?
    Brown-bagging it.

Why are so many blonde jokes one-liners?
    So brunettes can remember them.

Why didn't Indians scalp brunettes?
    The hair from a buffalo's butt was more manageable.

Okay, okay, that is enough. I just had to put some brunette jokes up. LOL

Love ya, Mickey

By the way, I do too believe in UFO, there has to be other living creatures on some of those planets up there.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/28/2008]
  18. poets

poets Member

You post was really interesting. I would have loved to have been there with you and to have seen the things you did. (I think.)

19. rockgor

I didn't mean to chase your thread away. I was going to cut and paste my old post, and then thought I'd bump up the whole thread. Anyway, thanks for reviving a topic of continuing interest.

Love the blonde/brunette jokes, Mickey. I will send them to my blonde sister back in Minnesota. She has a big collection.

Last year I found a couple sites that had UFO videos. They were all pretty blurry. This morning while looking for pictures of the old west I found some bumper stickers regarding UFOs.

Buckle up. Makes it harder for the Aliens to suck you out of your car.

UFOs are REAL. It's the Air Force that doesn't exist.

(Seems to me these bumper stickers would have to be reeeeealy long.)

20. greygodess

greygodess New Member

A friend and I were walking one night and we looked up to the sky and saw a light going across. It was small and looked pretty high up. She thought it was a UFO (to her everything was) and I'm thinking "yeah, right", when all of a sudden it zig zagged and was gone.

Also when I was a child I was playing outside after dark when a huge vehicle went overhead with a ton of lights and a roar. The tv news broke in with a report of several phone calls about this. I don't know if they found out what it was. There was an airport nearby so maybe it was a plane. Godbless