Ever try disc decompression therapy?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vannafeelbettr, Aug 24, 2008.

1. vannafeelbettr

vannafeelbettr New Member

Perhaps our bodies are all totally out of whack because discs and nerves are out of allignment. Just a theory I believe Chiroprators have.
  2. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

One thing that I do that helps, I have a park behind my house. It has a metal slant board in it. I go and lay on that and it decompresses my spine. I feel a lot better when I get off of it.

You can build a make shift one at home. Get Home Depot to cut the wood the length you need. Be a little creative. On the board glue down the rubber they use for door mats so you don't slide off.

Then you can lie on it when you need, it won't cost much, and you can add your own pillow or topping. You can buy inversion tables too, but this way is much cheeper.

Good luck.

M J
  3. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

I believe neck or spinal injuries are one of the triggers for FM.

I don't think it's just things being out of alignment(although that is a problem). I think that it's something else that triggers the fibro.

I haven't tryed decomression, but the slant board sounds like a good idea.
  4. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi Vannafeelbetter,

This topic came up a couple weeks. I posted about my own experience, which can be accessed by clicking

<a href="http://www.immunesupport.com/chat/forums/message.cfm?id=1304340&B=FM#1304346">here</a>

Regards, Wayne