Ever use Namenda?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joanng, Dec 15, 2005.

1. joanng

joanng New Member

My doctor tried something new on me and I really had a bad reaction. He had me take Namenda, a drug for Alezheimers. In some patients it works well with the pain patch. In my case, it thru me into a deep, dark depression. I was getting very scared because I could feel myself slipping down that road and I really didn't want to go back on antidepressants but I was feeling really bad. Anyway I mentioned it to him yesterday and he said it could be one of the side effects. It's very important to monitor how we feel,when we feel bad and what we're taking and how things are mixing together. I was only on it for about 3.5 weeks but I can't believe how bad I felt and I didn't make the connection until yesterday morning. Anyway, if anyone is taking this med and it's working for you, I'm glad but I thought I would share this experience.
  2. bengough

bengough New Member

joanng

I took it for about two weeks and was nearly psychotic when I quit. My doctor said it wasn't the drug, but I didn't believe her, so I called the manufacturer. Sure enough, that kind of reaction is possible. Ironically, it helped with pain.