Ever wonder "What is REALLY the matter?"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilaclover30, Apr 10, 2007.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Did y9u ever wonder in the middle of the night when you wake up with pain "What is really t6he matter with me?". I do.

My PCP took yrs. to find out the cause of anxiety.k Then when pain began, he said "Fibro." Then I was dx'd with spinal stenosis, then Osteoarthritis (I know that for certain as I can see it), a worn out, knee unending pain, and some that I have forgotten!

The Pain Clinic could do nothing for back. My PCP nurse called 2 weeks ago and said OA of wrists and hands (I already knew that) and high uric acid. no "whys" for that or what to do - just a blank. Rx for pain is Gabepentin and and little bit of Klonopin. I took Tylenol #3 and that did nothing, I was switched to Tramadol and that does nothing (2pills at a time hurt my stomach).

I think my friends all think I am crazy - my remarks to them are "OK" though. i sometimes wonder what hubby and 3 kids think.

I am at the place that I wonder "What in the world is the matter witha me?????" ever feel that way????

Right now, I am in such pain!!!!!!! Are you???????

(((((((((((Gentle Hugs)))))))))))))))))
  2. coolma

coolma New Member

I've repeated this so many times in the last week I am surprized there are so many fibro sufferers that don't know it! There is mounting evidence Fibro and degenerative disc disease (spinal stenosis?) are related and the fibro pain is a direct result of it. There are other people who have suffered "traumas" emotional, physical or mental who also seem to suffer. So, there are probably other mitigating factors like stress that have a part in causing it.

No matter what the cause, you do have a diagnosis. You are not crazy. It is not all in your head. And, you are not alone.

Now focus on healing and do some investigation into gaining knowledge on how you can cope better, what "helps" you need to bring into your life, your support system, investigate some healing.

The body has the inate ability to heal itself over time if give the proper circumstances. But this takes a long long time and there are no quick fixes.

If you concentrate on bringing some positive reinforcement, knowledge and purpose into your life, life will get better. I've been where you are.

There is a really good book on fibro/cfs/me by Devin Starlanyl and Mary Ellen Copeland. It will answer alot of your questions. It even has sample letters to take to doctors, lawyers, advocates, etc. It lists treatments and possible side effects.

The work you will do on the mental/spiritual side is every bit as important as the physical. This is the time to work on you, and not dwell in the negativity of others. It is a very difficult illness for others to handle because they do not experience it. When you stop expecting them to, it will be easier on you.

Good luck and better health ahead!
  3. Engel

Engel New Member

I know exactly what you are talking about.

btw ... my lilacs froze ... I hope they do not die. They look just horrible.
  4. LACurrry

LACurrry New Member

I always feel as if there is something that they might not have found yet....and I believe my Dr feels the same at times....always new symptoms popping up.

My lilacs froze too....and some of my smaller trees are looking pretty bleak as well. I am sad about the lilacs, I planted them 7 years ago as bare root and have waited 7 years to get the flowers. Sad. :(
  5. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I'm in such pain, too. I used to ask the question, "What's wrong with me?", but when I finally got the diagnoses of FM/CFS, I stopped asking that for a short time - but with all the mystery around what causes FM/CFS, and especially as my pain and weakness continue to increase over time, I find myself asking once again, "What's wrong with me?"

I keep searching for remedies/cures...

May God lead us all on...

Debbie
  6. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Ladies - my lilacs froze plus our 2 flowering crab apple trees and the apple tree.

Let's hope that sometime soon Spring comes on full force.

To those above, thanks for answering. we are all the4 same and we need to just hang in there in this cold weather too.

((((Gentle HUGS))))))