Every morning wake up in a flare

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by charlie21, Oct 5, 2006.

  1. charlie21

    charlie21 New Member

    Every morning this week, I have been in a flare. I take my pills when this happens in bed, wait a while, and then get up and walk around and feel a lot better apart from the usual on and off pains, but tolerable during the day. I go to bed feeling sort of reasonable, and as soon as I wake up in the morning, I am in a flare again. Does this happen to anyone else. I hurt so much and am so stiff in the mornings, even my cat couldn't touch me. Charlie
  2. FMsolider

    FMsolider New Member

    Yeah, mornings are very very rough for me too. Like a mini flare - then somewhere around 11 am -noon-ish it will lessen some. All I can say is just try to schedule around it. Hope someday - it goes away - for you and all of us.
  3. hermitlady

    hermitlady Member

    I get up and am ready to climb back in bed right away. The aching and weakness is horrible to wake up to, usually I feel better at night too.

    No matter how much coffee I drink, I am without an ounce of energy in the morning.
  4. MsOnlyMe123

    MsOnlyMe123 New Member

    Like an 18-Wheeler just hit me. Everyday of my life. Medication, then back into bed until....., Then, more medication. Really, really sucks!!

  5. razorqueen

    razorqueen Member

    I don't think I would call that a flare. For most of us FMers that is the norm for mornings. I usually feel really awful first thing in the morning.

    I usually don't get up till about 11am if I can help it. I just <b>don't</b> do mornings!

  6. marilynb

    marilynb New Member

    Yep, me too. My mornings are just the same as everyone here. I have to TRY to wake up at least 3 hours before I have to be to work. This morning I woke up at 9:00 because I did not go to sleep until 2:30am! I managed (somehow to leave the house for work at 9:30) Don't ask how I did it. I don't remember much about the morning. Think I did it all in a fog. Just woke up, crammed the pills down & only got to do the heating pad for about 10 minutes.

    Now I am off work for the next 4 days & my dress code for the next few days is jammies!!!!.
  7. TwinMa

    TwinMa New Member

    Every morning for years I woke up feeling like a truck hit me. Within the last year, I stopped eating as much sugar and it helped reduce the morning pain.

    What really helped was stopping eating sherbert or ice cream every night. It was such a habit for me, that I didn't really put two and two together. For me, evening sugar = painful morning.

    I'm not saying I'm cured or don't still have my "hit by a truck" mornings, but cutting out the evening sugar snacks sure helped.
  8. Suzan

    Suzan New Member

    Since FM..not much of that is true anymore...although I will admit to still enjoying being out on the deck on a warm morning and see the sun come up and the wild move around!

    But..now...life has changed.
    Most mornings I wake up at about 6;30..and get up because it hurts too much to stay in bed. My two dogs take turns going out side...and I get some coffee...and usually take my pain meds..so that an hour or so later..they kick in and I get a bit of relief. I am doing well if I am dressed by 9:30..more often than not it is somewhere between 10 and 11...Sometimes it is the only thing I accomplish all day...I GET SHOWERED AND DRESSED! Darn..that doesn't make for a good day!

    I do tend to "perk up" later in the day, at least for a while..sometime in the afternoon...then of course because I do somethings..laundry , dishes , etc...By dinner time I crash again...and voila. another day done..and I get to start it all again tomorrow.....

    Of course not everyday is completely that pitiful....but too many of them are, and it is one of the more frustrating parts of this illness.

  9. Ranigar

    Ranigar Member

    to have pain and stiffness when I try and get up.I take an Ultracet and wait for it to kick in,then take the stairs one at a time,leaning on the rail and wall.Coffee and a 45min. wait to get FIL breakfast and back upstairs for a shower.I take lots of time but after this routine I'm able to function until evening with rest periods through the day.So for me it's not a flare but a part of life I've come to expect and cope the best way I can.
  10. Mini4Me

    Mini4Me New Member

    You described my day perfectly. It's like a never-ending cycle, and if I stop and think about it I get depressed and cry, so I try not to "go there".

    Usually by 11:30 a.m., I'm finally showered, dressed, made up and ready to go, but often I just flop back into bed. I have so many nice clothes and shoes from when I was working just a few months back, sometimes I put them on and then have nowhere to go but out to my mailbox to get the mail.

    I'm the best dressed lady who spends most of her day in bed that I know of! LOL!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/06/2006]
  11. charlie21

    charlie21 New Member

    As most of you may have heard by now, it has been suggested that Mirapex may help FM. I took a printout of the report to my doctor, and he is going to start me on it very slowly, and increase it once a fortnight. I decided with all the side effects I have already enjoured and the muscle spasms, restless legs, and constant aches, I have nothing to lose. Cannot get these tablets until monday, as they are not well known in the U.K., but if anyone is interested, I will let you know after a couple of weeks of being on them what I think. My doctor says that he is not set in his ways, and is prepared to give it a go. He said he has 4 other patients with this condition, and is very interested to know how I get on. He really is a lovely man, don't know what I would do if he didn't believe in me, afterall, it is only us who know what we have to endure each day isn't it.

[ advertisement ]