Every Second of Every Minute of Every Hour of Every Day

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrstyedawg, Mar 15, 2006.

1. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

Is there anyone out there who never not even for one second out of the day feels good. My dad is 70 years old has had quadruple bypass, four heart attacks, colon cancer, blinded in one eye, and a stroke and he gets around better than me.

Can anyone relate to this? I would be happy for one hour of relief.
  2. angelscare2

angelscare2 New Member

I had to respond to your message,because I totally relate.I would love to wake up one morning and feel nothing ,but the morning sun on my face.No more pain please for me.I think we have had our share.
    Amen to that. TC from a angel
  3. utvoldeb

utvoldeb New Member

i never.............feel good ever. always dragging my self around moaning i hurt to my self thinking when is this ever going to end, but starting to except if this is going to be try to make the best of what it is and be thank-ful it could be worse.i also wanted to say in your bio-our birthdays are on the 9-25-64 what a surprise.and do your best to make your self feel better, i have also had spinal fusion i hurt from head to toe the only thing that takes the edge off is pain pills and going to the chiro. i cant do anything without paying for it later and then depression set's in. deb
  4. code34me

code34me New Member

I thought I was the only one who felt like that! I see where people have good days and bad days with there FM or CFS. I alwlays struggle and feel like heck and like mabey I am dying and no one knows! I am under alot of stess for the last 7 months and I am hopeing and praying once these issues here in my life get sorted out I will feel better? I have a 3 year old son and a 13 year old daughter and am so sad about the way I feel! So Every second of every minute of every hour of every day I do feel bad! I can relate!

Codey
  5. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

I have also had cervical fusion. Who did yours? How long have you been sick?
  6. utvoldeb

utvoldeb New Member

i had a anterior discectomy at L4-5 and L5-Si,bilateral cage fixation for fusion with a orthopedic 5 years ago ive had fibro i think that long but now its only got real bad sence january of last year forced to leave my job held on as long as i could. dont you just hate being in pain all day long, yesterday i cleaned house alittle so today i can hardly move any way i wanted to tell you that i was born in a little town called hopewell virgina from what i can remember virgina is a beatiful state i would love to visit again some day.take care deb
  7. cbella

cbella New Member

I have had FM for 2 years now and it keeps progessively getting worse. My question is- when do you get out of a flare? It seems like mine is two years long. What really bothers me is I'm now taking pain pills (Ultram) every 4 hours and at night I'm miserable. Is this what I'm going to be doing for the rest of my life? Every 4 hours, popping pills and then, when do you feel like enough is enough and throw in the towel at work? I don't want to go part time, because I can see in the future, trying to get my short term disability. (only offered to full timers). I am so sorry for you young mothers that have to raise little ones and be so tired and in pain. I guess I should be thankful that my children are grown up and it's just my husband and me. I can relate to the Dad thing. My Dad is 93 and he gets around better than me! I'm 56. You are all in my prayers {{{hugs}}} cbella
  8. zena01

zena01 New Member

Yes, it is all day every day -- although it hurts really bad when I wake up, it gets a bit better off and on during the day but it does not EVER go away. It's with me the entire day. I wish I did have good days/bad days, but my last good day was in April 2005.

I have continued to get worse since diagnosed in 2004 and I thought this was not supposed to be a progressive illness. Maybe it is progressive until it gets to the level it is going to flatten out at??? I certainly hope that it stops soon because some days it is already more than I can handle it hurts so bad, and if it were not for the pain pills I just couldn't stand it.

I know what you mean about keeping up -- my mother is 70 and has diabetes, congestive heart failure, has to give herself a shot each week because she doesn't make red blood cells (not sure what that is called) and has numerous other problems, back which damaged her nerves in her foog prior to surgery so she has a numb foot and she still has more energy now than I do!!! She walks faster than I do now!

Take care, and wishing everybody "good" days.
    Sherri
  9. cbella

cbella New Member

One of my worst times is the morning, too. Do you work and if you do how do you manage? I have such a difficult time trying to get around at work in the morning and I'm a nurse so I have to be "QUICK" on my feet sometimes....good luck with me trying to do that in the mornings! cb
  10. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I feel like somedays might not be quite as bad as others but most days are horrible and then the nights are generally worse for me.

So I know what you mean about never feeling good ever!

I also know people worse off than me but they seem to feel better than I do also.

So yes can really relate to you.

Pamela
  11. patches25

patches25 New Member

I have spent over 40 years going to bed at night and saying to myself "Tomorrow will be better". Sad part it never is. As the years rolled by it only gets worse.

A person tries everything that comes along, spending a fortune, just trying to feel some better. Money that could be used for better furniture, or even see a movie, is spent on the next suggested pill, herbs, special foods, or gadget, etc. Early on some of the next herb, food, etc may have some impact but not for long. It is an expensive disease which "normals" certainly don't understand.

It is more than just feeling awful. It is being broke all the time. It is being isolated. It is not being believed or helped by those in the medical profession, or government, or society. Well, here's hoping tomorrow will be better. Today isn't!... E.
  12. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

mrstyedawg:
    Your dad is lucky.
    He fares better than i do.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  13. painandagony

painandagony New Member

And this is 18 years of it, i have never once felt good. always exhausted and eyes tired, usually burning. it's a good day if i get a couple of hours of my eyes not actually burning bad.
  14. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

Seems there is always something wrong. If I'm not having cognitive issues I am in extreme pain or my vision is all messed up. Or.....maybe I can't stand light and noise. The worst for me is when I can't seem to speak. The words just won't come out. Yes, it is every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every month and......the years roll by.
  15. cbella

cbella New Member

One of the things I hate right now, is I have to take my pain pill every four hours or I can hardly walk! I don't like living by the clock. Especially with Ultram, it takes longer to metabolize then the average pill, so if I forget, it's another 1 1/2 to 2 hours before it kicks in and I'm walking around limping or holding on to the rail at my hospital that is supposed to be for patients not the nurses! Do any of you take anything thta lasts longer than 4 hours? :) cbella
  16. kalina

kalina New Member

The scary thing is that I have completely forgotten what that it's like to feel good! The pain is always there, and the bone-tired fatigue is always there, even when I'm resting in bed.

What I would give to have ONE DAY to feel like a normal person again! But just to have an hour would be wonderful.

Kalina
  17. Scooper

Scooper New Member

I was learning to live with the pain, kind of like putting it in the back of my mind, it is always there, I just try to put things ahead of it..

I have had a cervical fusion and an L4-L5 fusion, have been going through epidural steroid injections (gained 40lbs in 6 months) the last injection did nothing and have been living on the vicodin that the Dr prescribed to enable me to sleep at night, but have been taking them daily also. I wait until I get to work and take them then so that I can do my work, some is physical some is sitting. The patches do nothing. I have been taking Cymbalta and do know they help because I have tried to go without them and really feel the pain again! I have RLS and have been taking PerMax twice a day, if I wait to long I know it. Constriction around my waist, ankles will make it hit faster.
    I did not go to work on Friday and haven't left the house all weekend. Today has been especially a bad day. I tried getting up when I woke up about 7am laid back down woke up at 12:30 to a phone call and have been trying to get to a stage where I can drive .. so far have not made it, so I will give up and go back to bed and hope a weekend of inaction will make it so I can go to work tomorrow and see how this week will fare.
    Life sucks! I really need to find a new Dr. the one that I have is not treating the FM effectively, if anyone in the Columbus Ohio area is happy with their Dr., I am looking.

Thanks,
    Sandy
  18. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

mrstyedawg:
    Never a minute goes by when I am not aware of my body and what it is doing. Even when pain meds hit, I am aware that it is just masking the symtpoms and they will be back.
    Bless your Dad. Two different diseases, though between you and him.

nyrofan
  19. libra55

libra55 New Member

The minute I open my eyes in the morning I hurt everywhere. I am never without pain. It is my constant companion. Some days it is much worse than others. But there is always some degree of pain.

I function as well as I can under the circumstances and I very rarely complain about it. No one wants to listen to it. That's why the people on this board are so wonderful. We can all relate to this.

Michelle
  20. signal20

signal20 New Member

Unfortunately...even on my best days, there is still something that hurts somewhere. Some days it just hurts a bit less and some days a lot more.