Everybody: New poll? Tonsils

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Oct 19, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Do you have your tonsils still?

Jaci
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Do you have your tonsils still?

Jaci
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

I had lots of strep throat when I was growing up and a really bad case about nine years ago. But I still have my tonsils.

Barbara
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Am I in a real fog or did I just answer this poll a couple of days ago?? If I didn't here's my answer:
    NO....I had my tonsils and adenoids removed when I was a small child.
    BTW, am I the only person on this board who NEVER has had a sore throat?? I mean, I have NEVER experienced one in my entire life. (I lived in the Children's Home as a child and it was common for us to have routine tonsillectomies.)

Love,
    Kady
    [This Message was Edited on 10/19/2002]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/19/2002]
  5. Hidn

Hidn New Member

Hello,

I had mine out when I was 3.
  6. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I had strep a lot as a child & adult also, still have my tonsils but looks like not a common link already.

Sorry.

Jaci
  7. BlueMoon

BlueMoon New Member

I was 19 when I had them out!

Robin
  8. herblady

herblady New Member

i had mine out when i was 9. i had chronic bronchitis and coughed so hard all the time it broke blood vessels in my tonsils, causing them to bleed. then from about age 15 - 18 i had chronic strep throat. seems like we all had this in common. cindi
  9. Pat UK

Pat UK New Member

but I have had throat infections most of my life and still getting them now I am 57
    Pat
  10. Fibrobeachbum

Fibrobeachbum New Member

I used to have sinus infection before we moved to beach and that effected throat but still have them.
    Ann
  11. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

Still have em'.
  12. lilladybug

lilladybug New Member

Jaci
    Have always loved your posts and your inquisitive mind!
    Like the shells and your experiments!
    You are always searching and that is WONDERFUL!!!

I had my tonsils out a 21 and then went downhill
    I started to have panic attacks and wasted my adrenal glands
    Stopped sugar and did better at that young age but in my 30s got sick with CFS

NOW!!! the interesting thing is Dr.Shultze says that the tonsils are the first line of defense for the body.
    They "trap" alot of gunk, bateria viruses and so on and send messages to the thymus and to the liver and spleen to start the process of "decontamination". To send out T cells and b cells and leucocytes etc. They still say that we do not yet fully understand the process for tonsils and how they help the immune system.

IMAGINE if you lost that 1st line of defense.
    You start to wear your body out on the next level of defense and so on and so on .....I believe it.

We need all of our organs and tonsils and thyroid etc to maintain a healthy immune system. Dr. Shultze begs people to leave their tonsils in and do gargles and washes until the problem has subsided. He also has herbs etc to help the tonsils.
    Dr. Shultze has really interesting info about your query!

just my 2 cents!

Lilladybug

[This Message was Edited on 10/20/2002]
  13. Ponygirl

Ponygirl New Member

Had mine out at 24. They were so rotten they would break off in little pieces every once in a while. I also went downhill from there developing severe allergies. Been told it is a great block of the germs getting into the lungs. Unforunetly, mine had to go. Recently had a nurse tell me to take a bottle of Cloraseptic sray with me on the airplane. About once every couple of hours I should spray my throat to kill the germs and block any from going into my lungs. This is reminding me to get a bottle today before I fly out tomorrow. Anyone else have bad allergies? Jaci you have a very busy mind, Thank you for all the questions and heads up.
  14. sickandtired

sickandtired New Member

Hi, I did a poll the other day on tonsils, Its under Curiosity never killed my cat. Another Poll. You can add that list to your data. I think its on the 4th page now.
    Andrea
  15. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Thank you for the compliment, my mind is sometimes my worst enemy.

Where do I find this Dr Schultze??

Jaci
  16. tandy

tandy New Member

Thats one thing I do still have!and i'm keeping it!LOL
    Just because!
  17. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Yes, they're still there. (ode to Gertrude: there's a there there)...

Always amaze doctors who assume I don't have them anymore at ages 48. Siblings don't have them, somehow I survived...

best thoughts

18. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I still have mine, although I once had doctor who insisted that I didn't.
    Kathryn
  19. lilladybug

lilladybug New Member

You can get a do a search but there is more to it than that,and you will not find that much out there about him.....he has been banned and the same with his clinics for healing so many people etc.
    He is a herbalist and very into natural healing and that there are no incurable diseases....he has a book out about it.
    Almost like the Gerson Therapy and Sam Bisner etc...very raw food and juicing with tonics and herbs.....Dr. Shultze is very aggressive. Free catalogues and tape if you call HERBDOC
    and it is a 1-eight hundred number. Get it?

Hope that helps
    Lilladybug
  20. Sundra

Sundra New Member

I have had several bouts with tonsilitis, but I do still have my tonsils at 40.