Everyday at 3pm, fatigue

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cbella, Jul 19, 2008.

1. cbella

cbella New Member

Everyday at 3pm, fatigue hits me like a hammer over the head. As I'm writing this I want to just lay down and take a nap. That would be ok if I was home everyday, but I work Monday through Friday and it's not an option to take a nap. I have Fibro, possible CF and was just dx this week with RA. The only way I can up my energy is to take a half of hydrocodone and it helps with the pain and it gives me the energy to keep on going. Does anyone have the same problem? thanx, cbella
  2. texasrose204

texasrose204 New Member

I have a lot of the fatigue lately it has been all day and to the point i can hardly walk. I too take hydrocodone and i feel better than i did ealier ( took pill about hr ago)never thought about it! i quit working because of the exhaustion i barely able to get done what little i do here. I always got exceed expectations on my yearly eval. and now i struggle to do what i can? This dd is unblievable what it does to people! gentle hugs, txrose
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I used to be able to tell what time it is just by how tired I was. It's true that it hits people without Fibro, CFS and other things. I could never ever eat a big lunch, it would always make it worse.
    Now I know what time it is because of the pain. 2 pm is about what my pain medication wears off I guess.
  4. simonedb

simonedb Member

I hate late afternoons. i took darvon for a long time and that was only way could keep going, even with that still need to rest in aft, not nap, but get horizontal or forget it, its too uncomfortable like no o2 to head.
    not sure whats going to happen with it as decided to quit analgesics to try LDN, I think energy might be a bit better but I am having new headaches that are bad so I have to figure that out, a couple of possibilities.
    but yea normal people get tired too in aft i hear but you know its cfs if you really feel like you become retarded, clumsy, irritable and obsessed with lying down to feel better. If you can steal even 10-15 mins flat on yr back it might help.
  5. akandmk

akandmk New Member

/my fatigue is between 4 and 5 in the afternoon though. It gets worse when there is a thunderstorm coming, and the pain does too.
  6. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

my doctor told me that the reason i had "adrenal fatigue" which is why i always felt SO exhausted in the afternoon maybe this is your problem also, now that my adrenals are better i don't have this problem anymore
  7. BrandonsGirl

BrandonsGirl New Member

I also have the problem of having to take a nap most afternoons. It hits me right after lunch. It's almost as if it has something to do with eating lunch. Even if I have slept adequately the night before, I can still sleep for two to three hours in the afternoons. Sometimes the urge to sleep is so strong that I think I would just go to sleep standing up if I didn't lie down. I have to take oxycodone to relieve the pain. I hate it, but the pain is so severe that it can make me cry. I have Fibro, asthma, arthritis and a herniated disk in my lower back. That is the reason for the strong pain medication.
  8. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

Dr Andrew Wright has found that some people with M.E./CFS make no melatonin at all, & some make it in the middle of the afternoon instead of at night.
  9. SweetT

SweetT New Member

I'm practically fall over dead by 3pm. It's so bad that I can barely find the strength to grab my belongings to walk out of the door at work, let alone drive home. As soon as I get to work, I long for 3pm, because I get off of work at 3:15pm. But then when it comes, I don't have the strength to make it out the door.

Lately, the fatigue has been hitting me at 10am. Wonder if this means my CFS is progressing.