Everyday Symtoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GARY700, May 23, 2009.

1. GARY700

GARY700 New Member

I have had CFS & fibro for approx 14 yrs and was curious if anybody else has trouble telling the difference between say everyday pain, which for me the last 8 months has been quite bad, and if something else is going on as in... my heart for example I have two bad valves and tachracardia.When my headaches start where their slaming for hours do I just keep taking my meds & and just call it a bad day. I never know what to do anymore.I'm on disability but my wife worries that i'll drop over.I guess is anyone anywhere close to where I'm at? I'm only 52 but feel tired enough to be 80. Please give me some feedback!!!Thanks Gary
  2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I always have trouble telling if something is just the usual illness or something bigger. But I also have the problem of doc's who want to believe everything is just fibro and I have to beg them to look further when something is bugging me.

Gary, the heart problems are common with long term patients of our lovely disease. Definitely take it seriously cause you are at that age with this. If you don't feel good, stop whatever you are doing and rest.
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Chances are it's nothing, but I always advise getting anything unusual checked out, just to rule out anything more sinister. I'm a classic case of this, several years ago I ran a two-week fever that turned out to be extremely serious, while I was just chalking it up to fibro, since many here tend to run fevers from time to time. I'd risk your doctor rolling his eyes or whatever, to get yourself looked at. As I said, it's probably FM, but you just never know. You'll have more peace of mind getting yourself checked out. Hope it's nothing and you get some relief from your level of pain soon, Gary.