Everyone In Pain, Please Read

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I post about the Guaifenesin Protocol all the time and yet there are not that many of us on it. I read all the time about everyone's pain and how hard it is to get pain meds and how many of the pain meds do not work. Others are on narcotic pain meds and want to get off of them due to physical dependence and tolerance. We have a lot of new members here, so I'm reposting my experience with the Guai.

Five years ago, I was bedridden most of the time and on Morphine for my pain. I read about the Guai here and went to Dr. St. Amand's website, Guaidoc. I bought the book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia." I decided to give the treatment a chance. It is not a quick fix and requires commitment and patience, but it is about the only treatment which offers the possibility of reversing the symptoms of FMS.

There is a small group of people for whom the Gaui has not seemed to work, just like any treatment for our illnesses. For most, when the protocol is followed and the correct dose is found, the treatment is a God send. It has been for me. I almost immediately had my Fibro Fog clear up and I had some good days early on. I had to take the Morphine less and less and after about the first year, I seldom had to take anything stronger than OTC meds unless I injured myself.

I cannot understand why more people aren't willing to give this treatment a try. Perhaps it is because one has to eliminate salicylates from their personal-care items (this isn't nearly as difficult as it appears to be at first). I think most people want simple solutions. While the Guai isn't difficult, it requires a bit more effort and understanding than simply popping a pill. Having the symptoms of FMS reversed is more than worth the effort. I look at it this way--I had nothing to lose and everything to gain.

The Guai is sold here. It isn't expensive and it has nearly no side effects. It is a common ingredient in cough syrups. It does not interfere with most other meds but one cannot take supplements with botanical/herbal extracts in them.

For anyone who would like pain relief without opiods, I highly recommend at least checking the website. The book is excellent even if one decides not to do the treatment. I know that this seems too good to be true but thousands have used the treatment to great success.

According to Dr. St. Amand, if the FMS isn't reversed, the body will start depositing phosphate crystals in the joints and osteoarthritis will ensue. I had been sick at least 10 years, and have had some symptoms all my life, when I started the treatment. OA had already started in my joints. The Guai isn't supposed to reverse the OA but it does help a great deal with the pain and stiffness.

It's very frustrating for me to read about all the pain and problems with pain meds when I've had such success with the Guai treatment. I hope those who are suffering from pain will at least check this out.

Love, Mikie
  2. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

(((Mikie)))

Hiya

I have often wondered about that, it seems it is easier to get wrapped up in complaining then it is to get something resolved and have the determination to do so.

I have just ordered that book via the library, love it that I can go on line and get into my library and have my card # memorized to just order when I want anything!

Anyhow, I was feeling like crap massively last fall and I just 100% COMPLETE quit all my meds! That in itself actually made me feel so much better. I can think again my brain farts are far and few inbetween!

I DO NOT recommend everyone to up and quit their meds it is not for everyone but if you have the intestinal fortitude to kick this DD in the ass then get motivated do something! IT is better then sitting or being in bed all the time!

I am not saying I am in bed all the time anymore, I still get days of that but sure not as many! As spring comes it will get fewer even more so!

I will read that book Mikie and get back to you on it!I am looking forward to it.

I control me not anyone else, so why let everyone or anyone speak untruths into my life when this disease is not the same for everyone. I love opinions and hearing them but I also test and weigh everything carefully!

Blessings!! Brenda

PS new pic in profile Mikie lol
  3. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

Hi Mikie! I believe that I tried this 8 yrs. ago. I have great difficulty with cough syrups, i.e., I gag. Is this a liquid & how much of it do you take? I am interested cuz I take Oxycontin and it seems that it works less & less all the time. Maybe I could give it a try. Also, if you start taking this do you start decreasing the Oxy right away or does it take awhile to do any good. Of course, I would talk with my dr. ahead of time. Please reply!

PIRT
  4. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

Hi Mikie,

So glad you're doing great. I'm much improved but would still like to give it a try.

I'm with Prickles, though. What food can we eat?

Thanks!
  5. skierchik

skierchik New Member

Ahhh! My post disappeared. I guess I have to try it again.

I couldn't agree with you more!! People want an easy fix and don't want to do anything that is hard. Some of us have made huge progress in healing our DD's and want so badly for all of you to heal too. But you aren't listening!! An easy fix is NOT around the corner, everyone. It takes time and patience. You must read and research. I can't express that enough. You have to help yourself and the only way is to read, read and read some more. Know about your disease, know what the latest research is saying about it. Know more than your doctor!

Masking your symptoms and pain with drugs is going to make you SICKER. All the research show this. You will NOT heal this way.

I have read so many books on healing and they all pretty much say the same thing. What I read over and over is that your body is capable of healing itself, but, you just have to allow it to happen. And the most important common denominator is that we're all toxic. And toxicity leads to disease and disease leads to the malfunctioning of all our major body parts and cancer. The toxins have been building up in our bodies and stock piling for years and years.

The people on this board that have healed in some way, are the ones that use a natural approach and the ones that read alot. At least that's what I've noticed.

On a lighter note, I've noticed that some of you are asking what books to read or if a particular book is a good one. That's great and I love seeing that. It's a step in the right direction. And some of you are making great sacrifices to try to heal your body. That's what I like to hear. I hope more of you start asking how do I heal?? and not, what drugs work for you??

Thanks Mikie, for expressing yourself and for caring about all of us.

Hugs to all,

skierchik
  6. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I think I had mentioned a while ago, that my Youngest Sister, who was dx'd first out of all of us Sib's. with the FMS, tried the Guai Treatment.
    We had such hopes for her having sucess on the treatment, but it didn't Help, and my Sister did follow everything to the letter.'
    She's that way, if she's going to try something, she does it all the way.

The problem is she has other Co-exsiting conditions, that called for other Meds,. She had to make a choice, and she is finally, on something that can help her.

But she sure didn't want to have to give up the treatment, as she did feel pretty decent for awhile.

I say , try different Treatments as long as you use common sense too.
    Thanks to Mikie and a few others, posting about the Gaui treatment, she did learn a few things that helped her, that even her Dr. didn't know. ;o)

As for me, I have a weird system, (don't we all?) and I cannot do the Gaui also.
    I have made progress following my own path and someday, there may be a cure,who know's.

Hug's,
    sharonk
  7. gottalottalove

gottalottalove New Member

Just to remind everyone that is diagnosed with CFS/FIBRO, that we all find ways of working and raising our children, and try to have quality of life. I don't see this as masking anything. I too am going to read the book and know that Mikie has continued to support this board for YEARS to help us. Just by being here on the board, means that we are all looking for information, so that we don't give up and go to bed. I commend those who are in bed and can reach their computers to get support from this great site. Let's not insult those of us who are trying everything to continue forward. Peace and Hugs to everyone who contributes to this site, on Pain Meds or not.
    God Bless Tina
  8. elsa

elsa New Member

Not quick fixes ... or refusing to listen. Skierchik, I know you didn't mean to imply patients couldn't be bothered to help themselves by putting out the work.

Maybe works like "some", or "few" would have been a better choice.

We don't know what is going on in other member's lives ... Hard to make a judgement based upon words across a computer screen.

I might be incorrect in my understanding ... Your thoughts are people either get up, read, fuel the body with natual healing ingredients and get better, or they take pills, mask the symptoms and get "sicker". Where does that put me?

Rx pain and EDS meds + nutritional support + BIO-ID Hormones = Remission.

Where does that put people on the guai protocol? Guai is a medication ...

Mikie, I think maybe a huge post all about the guai protocol and Dr.St.Armand would be very beneficial. I have a feeling many are fairly new and just don't know him or his theory.

There hasn't been alot of press about him lately ... How about posting an "introduction" to the man and his protocol and the successes of those who have followed it.

Back during my treatment path decision days, I had a few guidelines I had to follow in order to succeed in which ever protocol I chose.

One of them was it couldn't take up too much of my life ... I did not want to devote my entire time treating fibro.

Guai has some pretty good restrictions ... for me ... , I hoped to be Elsa, who happens to be treating fibromyalgia not the other way around. These wouldn't bother some at all ... It's just not the route I wanted to go.

With that said ... I always had a list going of things to try, or go back to if I wasn't having success with my first choice ... The Guai Protocol is on that list.

I have read his book and in all honesty, his tone was pretty imperical and agressive ... The frequent use of "we" in place of "I" reminded me of royalty. Got a chuckle out of it. This of course, does not erase the interesting information that can be found there.

Thanks for bringing it up ... might get people interested in trying it ... or learning more about it.

Take care,

Elsa
    [This Message was Edited on 03/04/2006]
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For your interest and comments. First, I have to say that I am not judging anyone's decision to use pain meds. I believe in them and think we are all entitled to pain relief. I have posted often here to try to dispel fears of addiction when opiods are used to treat chronic pain. I am only posting that for some, there may be an alternative. I was in no way suggesting that taking pain meds is "an easy way out." I am addressing those who have had problems getting pain meds and/or putting up with the side effects of these meds. I read posts about this all the time. The Guai doesn't work for everyone and I am aware of this; nothing works for all of us. That said, however, this treatment has worked for thousands of people who no longer need opiods for their pain. I am one of them. I only wish to offer this info for anyone who wants to check out this treatment.

There are a lot of misconceptions about the treatment. Elsa, I think your suggestion is great, but there is way too much info regarding this treatment for me to put into a post or two. It is all at the Guaidoc website and can be read there. For anyone wishing to do the treatment, it is absolutely necessary to read the book and understand the protocol and then, to follow it. I mention this treatment here and feel that the first step to follow up has to be up to the individual. If someone isn't willing to go to the website and read the book, he or she is probably not a candidate for the treatment. This treatment takes a lot of commitment and researching it is the first step toward that commitment. BTW, Dr. St. Amand uses "we" because he also has FMS.

There is no diet that one has to follow for this treatment to work except that I would stay away from eating anything with mint in it. There is a low-carb diet suggestion from Dr. St. Amand because he has found that many of us have hypoglycemia. Many not on the Guai treatment have found that cutting carbs helps them to feel better. People cannot use supplements which contain botanical/herbal extracts but that doesn't mean that we can't eat plants like fruits and veggies. It's the high concentration in supplements which cause them to block the Guai.

Another misconception is that we take the Guai in cough syrup form. Many cough syrups contain Guai but cough syrup should not be used in the treatment. Guai is sold in pure form here in tablets in both fast acting and long acting forms.

I think people on pain meds are under a lot of pressure from friends, family, docs, and the govt. I am not trying to add to that pressure. On the contrary--I am just offering an alternative for anyone who wants to try to reverse the symptoms of FMS. The Guai treatment is not a cure and it's not perfect. It will not address other conditions; however, if the symptoms of FMS are reversed, one is free to address those other conditions. When we get enough of our health problems under control, the body is better able to heal itself, as someone suggested. Sometimes a broken body just needs a little help in healing.

As for taking the Guai with pain meds, it's going to be different for everyone. I never took the Morphine every day but it was common for me to have to take it on many days when the pain got to a certain point. If I wasn't in pain when I woke, I would wait to see how I felt throughout the day. Some take pain meds every day because that is more efficient--stop the pain from ever getting to the point of needing more meds and only taking the strong meds for breakthrough pain. I think anyone in this situation would need to figure out a plan, with his or her doc, for slowly, very slowly, weaning down on the pain meds while doing the Guai treatment. Problem is that many docs are not very knowledgeable about the Guai Protocol.

Finally, I'm not suggesting that others should all be doing this treatment nor taking my word for it. I'm only presenting my own experience and giving places where anyone interested in the treatment can get more info. I've known the frustration of dealing with trying to get pain meds and then dealing with the side effects of using them. I read the same frustrations from others and want to help if I can.

I was no spring chicken when I started the treatment, but I don't think it's ever too late to start it. I figured that in five years, I would still be here unless I met my demise. If the Guai treatment worked, in five years, I would be pretty much reversed. If the Guai didn't work, I would be no worse off except for the cost of the book and the Guai, neither of which is expensive. Well, it'll be five years in May and my FMS symptoms are about 90 percent reversed. The Guai was well worth it early on when my Fibro Fog pretty much went away. If I injure myself, I still have pain which requires pain meds. If I get run down, I have cognitive problems, but not the pea soup fog. I've made progress on healing my CFIDS which I'm not sure would have been possible had I not done the Guai treatment.

If anyone wants to check into the treatment, check out the website, read the book, and give us your feedback and questions. I would be thrilled if this helps even one person. That is my only purpose in posting this.

Love, Mikie

10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

So that those to whom I responded can see it.

Love, Mikie
  11. Bambi

Bambi New Member

post about the Guai treatment, because she feels it helped her. I don't care if it's a quit smoking treatment or a new church goer..if you find something that you think is
    wonderful and has made your life better, you want to share it.

We all know we are all different and what works for one may not work for another. As one who has tried all the things that have come down the path, I know if I had found something other than what works for me I'd be shouting it out here also.

I did try the Guai and it just didn't work for me. What I didn't like so much about the Dr. was he seems to imply that anyone who fails with it it is their "fault". They MUST have done something wrong or not followed the protocol to the letter.

I did alot of research on the treatment and also found those who have NO faith in it. The guy that did the only double blind test did not find anything about it that should help. He also says that the little bit of saly...can't spell it.. that is in makeup etc would not be enough to interfere with the main ingredient. But HE isn't God either.

So if you have tried most everything or everything else and have had little to no help, if you are having some wierd side effects to your meds that are making your life worse instead of better or if you are just
    starting out trying things..why not try the Guai. It HAS helped some and maybe many people..including Mikie.

I know that Mikie would only be trying to help those suffering with these dd's and offering another form of hope as she sees it. We all know that it doesn't help any of us to knock the path the others have taken and that for each of us we have to figure out what helps and what doesn't. I've never seen Mikie tell ANY one what to do or not do, only made suggestions she thought might help.

She gave of herself to this group so
    much as a moderator for so long and
    I don't think anyone would think she is knocking anyone, that's not her style or her heart!! Bambi
  12. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Also, if one redas further newer research into the guai then there is also a lot of new evidence that it works without the salycitate stuff going on. I know this is controversial but last I heard even St Armand was starting to think along those lines.

It would not hurt for people to try it and see, just take it three times a day without any changes, we could even be a research study all of our own.

The thing is, it does help me just taking it, not the protocol-I cannot do that as I need apsrin for my heart, and I have seen good results.

It can give me belly ache too, so I have to watch when and how I take it.

I did post a while back about is it Mark London???'s big long research paper into why guai may be working.

Not meaning to be in any way controversial but maybe there is a way it works other than..... who knows. I always respect your posts. What do you think? A few others I know have tried just taking it and it does seem to ease the pains a lot. Strangely, it is an anti inflamatory isn't it?

Love Anne C
  13. skierchik

skierchik New Member

Maybe me saying that people want an easy fix wasn't very sensative, but I am an honest person, to my detriment sometimes, and well, that's how I felt reading some of the posts. I personally would like my life to be alot easier. The expense and the trouble I have to go through everyday just to exist at this level is exhausting. And most of my friends don't understand it. My own mom doesn't have a clue. I stopped trying to make her understand.

I know alot of you want help from this board and that's great, that's what it's for. However, it's gonna take reading books and researching on the net too to really get the job done. That's just my opinion for whatever it's worth. But for those of you who don't know me, I have been very, very ill in the past. There were times when I didn't want to live. And I thought taking 5-6 shots of insulin a day was hard and pricking my fingers 8 times a day (juvenile diabetic) well, as it turns out....that's a piece of cake compared to what I had to do to get my life back. I still have a ways to go.

I think we can all admit we would love an easy fix. I know I would!! I was including myself in all of my post. I guess it didn't come out that way. Unfortunately, our lives are not easy. And the reality is...is that our lives, all of us with these DD, have it ten times harder than healthy people out there. And it takes alot of work to heal these DD's. Some of us have made great strides and we just want the same for all of you. I guess I just wanted to wake some people up to the fact that...you CAN heal yourself. It doesn't take a miracle...it just takes dedication and tenacity.

I don't know what else to say about pain killers except that I know some of you need them and that the pain you have is more than you can bare. Like I said it's painful to read how much pain many of you have to go through everday. I just hope that you keep looking for answers.

Good luck to everyone!

skierchik
  14. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

No Mint! OHhhhhhhh Nooooooooo! Just slay me now! Mint is everything I love mint!I would miss it miserabley lol

Whatever lol I can live without alot and I would try very hard to be good without mint.

NOW here is an important question Mikie..... HOW LONG do you recommend trying this before you give up 100%? I often like to see how things change over a 4 month period beofre I judge if my body really is being helped or not.

Fair question.

Hey I love it that others have been there done that and can offer suggestions and alternative ways of doing htings that makes one think! If you give up on thinking you give up alot.

Guess what the most inmportant thing is that I learned with this DD?! YOUR DOC DOES NOT KNOW EVERYTHING! So you have to be your own doc and take things to him with all the info and research and say pffffffffft listen here!

You would be surprised how well that works! Docs want patients to be proactive!

This is definately a proactive approach and we all need to take that step which is really the bottom line over all isn't it?

SMooooooooooooootchies! Brenda
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Again, I thank you all for your comments. First, let me address the ill fated "controlled" study. It was fatally flawed because there were too few participants to begin with and many dropped out during the trial. There was no attempt to control sals because no one knew about them. Everyone was on the same dose and, while 300 mgs. twice a day works for most, it doesn't work for everyone. I would ignore any professional who uses this study as an example of the Guai not working. A first year college student could spot the flaws in the study. Still, there is one respected specialist who constantly uses this study to bash Dr. St. Amand. Why? I don't know.

Let me clarify that this, like everything else, doesn't work for everyone. That said, however, there is a huge difference in success for those who have access to mappers and other professionals or support groups to help them tweak their dosages and look for hidden sals. I believe some failures are due to the wrong dose or hidden sals. I would disagree vehemetly with any doc who would blame the patient if the Guai fails. My own specialist has had the Guai fails for people even when everything has been done according to Hoyle. Patients should never be blamed when the Guai fails (notice that I say the Guai fails and not that the patient fails).

Yes, I am in agreement that the Guai works for reasons beyond what Dr. St. Amand theorizes. I do believe we have phosphate crystals stored in our tender spots. When I increased the Guai dose significantly, I could see the crystals compacted in the bottom of my slow flushing toilet. I had to break it up to get it to flush. It's just like tarter on teeth and is made up of the same thing--phosphate and calcium. A good mapper can tell when the tender spots reduce in size and the patient can tell the spots are less tender.

Most can tell early on that the Guai is causing cycling. Cycling simply means that the Guai is pulling the debris from the soft tissue. This causes what is called a Guai flare. It can be painful but it shouldn't be too painful to endure. If it is, the dose can be cut. When the crystals of debris are pulled from the soft tissue, it causes the pain. This should happen fairly soon. If it doesn't, one should check again for sals and increase the dose. When the Guai works, it may provide a feeling of well being or provide some energy. It may last only a few minutes or for several days. I had some really good days early on.

It's hard to say one should try the Guai for X number of months before giving up on it. In the beginning, one has to be looking for hidden sals and tweaking the dose if the 300 mgs. twice a day isn't working. Some people require a much, much larger dose. The Guai works so slowly that if it were me, I would give it at least six months. One may have to look back to see the progress. Some people don't fit the usual model of Guai flares and remission. Some just go along smoothly and get better. The rule of thumb is that it takes 3-4 months on the Guai for every year one has been ill. Most of us have probably been ill much longer than we realize.

I know the sals are a controversial issue. I can tolerate some sals but if I don't watch it, the Guai stops working so I tend to believe that the sals can play a role in blocking the Guai. I think, at least in the beginning, it is best to avoid sals. There are those for whom no amount of sals block the Guai. We are all different in our sensitivity to sals.

I have both FMS and CFIDS. I think a lot of us do even if we have only been diagnosed with one of these illnesses. I am thrilled to have the symptoms of FMS about 90 percent reversed. The Guai has not reversed the CFIDS but it has allowed me to concentrate on those factors which are associated with the CFIDS. Most of those factors are allergies and chronic infections. I walk a very fine line trying to get the CFIDS into remission and keeping it there. It's impossible for me to say whether the Guai helps CFIDS but if one has some FMS, it will help with the pain and Fibro Fog. Many, many people with CFIDS, Lupus, and MS go on to develop FMS. My specialist says most of the people he sees have some degree of both, along with gut illnesses.

The Guai can be a bit hard on the stomach. It can be taken with food. If you cannot tolerate the Guai protocol, try taking a Calcium tablet with a meal. It will allow the phosphate debris to be excreted through the intestines instead of leaving it all up to the kidneys. Do not take magnesium with the calcium. Dr. St. Amand says that our kidneys do not excrete this debris so that the body must store it in the soft tissue. There is a limit as to how much can be stored. When the body runs out of storage areas, it will begin storing the crystals in our joints. I wish I had known about the Guai before I got osteoarthritis in my joints. Still, the Guai does help the OA some.

I hope I've addressed all the comments here. You guys are great and have some very good questions. I'm truly sorry for all who have not had success on the Guai protocol. I wish it worked for everyone. I offer it only as a possible alternative treatment to long term use of opiods. I believe the govt. trend is to get more and more intrusive into our lives and the professional lives of our docs. I've seen this already in the fact that the new Part D Medicare will not cover benzos, despite their huge success in treating a variety of symptoms. The DEA is watching docs who prescribe opiods and the docs are feeling the pressure.

I have yet to find a pain med which I can take and still function fully, including driving. I know some can take their pain meds and still drive and work. I'm glad for those who can do this. Unfortunately, if one has an accident and the drugs show up in bloodwork, one can be cited for driving under the influence of Rx drugs. For me, living the rest of my life like this just wasn't an option. I was very motivated to try the Guai and I'm glad I did. I only offer this info for anyone interested. Everyone is free to check it out or reject it. I am not personally affected one way or the other but I do want to let others know about the treatment and dispel any misinformation about it. My desire is that everyone can find a way to live life to the fullest extent possible whether that involves the Guai or pain meds which work. Good luck to all.

Love, Mikie
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

17. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

You are so clear in what you say. I am so glad you are doing so well.

I know that researcher from Oregon or somewhere that nixed the protocol, yes, that was a poor study.

However, that Mark London??? article that is about 30 pages and more with links, actually supports our doctor well, and gives reasons too why some control studies fail.

I found it a truly fascinating article, with a lot of great links. I believe the author used guai himself, but then started doing further research to find out how and why's.

My take on that article was that if he is right in supporting the guai with a different protocol for some, then many more people may be able to try it.

An interesting aside is that although Robtussin doe shave a pure form of just guai no additives available in liquid now, that guai has never been really been proven to be an expectorant, and the thought is that it works by reducing inflamed lung tissue rather than irritating mucus.

Before I even got into FM, I was feeling little bumps all over the place esp rib area where none had been felt before, like little minute bubble wrap. I took some plain Robotussin for bronchitis for about 4 weeks, and noticed that the bubblewrap stuff went away, and I felt less stiff.

Did you ever read that guy's stuff. It is my understanding he now is some sort of research colleague with Dr St Amand, or at least the good doctor was interested in the research.

Also, I have a faint recall of like 30 years ago that guai was being advocated for rheumatism in UK.

Love,Anne C (you are always so bright with all your comments.)
  18. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Stormy, yes I have been promoting probiotics since I've been a member here. I really believe that healing starts with a healthy gut. Instead of just one thing, I have several things which I call the pillars of my treatment regimen. The Guai is the first thing I tried and it did get the ball rolling. There are other parts of my treatment which have been important too. The Klonopin gave me refreshing sleep and stopped the horrible anxiety and sensory overload which could be crippling at times.

The treatments which have gotten rid of the horrible chronic infections are another important part of my treatment. Along the same line is the colostrum, whey, and, as I mentioned, the probiotics which have all helped my own immune system to rebuild itself.

Each treatment, by itself, has helped a lot but together, they have worked synergystically to help me heal.

Anne, thank you for your kind words. I appreciate them. Yes, it's been a long time, but I did read the Mark London material. I've always believed the Guai works for reasons beyond what Dr. St. Amand has theorized. That there is something which worked at all to reduce the tender spots, pain, and fatigue is a miracle to me. That Dr. St. Amand has FMS himself and has dedicated his life to this treatment gave it a lot of credibility to me.

Love, Mikie
  19. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I am certainly not following the Guai treatment but have been taking Guai for a couple of months because I keep having so much musous in my throat & chest. I just found that I also have COPD. At the beginning of my illness I purchased the Guai book and to date probably around 15 to 20 more books to research this disease but one of my main problems is I can't concentrate. I am able to read on the computer although I still can only retain bits &pieces. Cognitive impairment has impaired my ability to research & to remember what I do. This has devasted me. I do take pain medications, Klopnopin & medication for Restless legs plus lots of supplements. Will the Guai not work for muscus reduction if I am on prescription meds or supplements???
  20. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I started a new thread asking for your help with some personal products that are safe to use, for me that is the hardest part. The salicylate-free products.

I would rather not have to order body soap lotion ect. on line. I've read the book 3 or 4 times. I'm praying it will get rid of my brain fog as you said it did for you. I'm not afraid of the "getting worse before I get better" part. But the salicyalte-free products is a tough one.
    Thanks so much for sharing about this protocol and everything it's done for you.
    Dee50