Everyone Must Check Out This Website!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeresaBnGA, Aug 31, 2002.

1. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

www.asappain.com

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  2. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

www.asappain.com

Soft hugs!
  3. Lynda B.

Lynda B. New Member

I only had time to skim it but will take the time to read it.

It exlemplfies the poor information that is being passed on by doctors, the media and public in general because they do not understand chronic pain and the various choices which can be made. NSAIDS have their probs too if taken too much. My dad only took one or two a day for a couple of years for degenerative arthritis. After realizing he had worked himself into an ulcer (which NSAIDS CAN do without any warning), and disovering a stomach full of blood, he nearly died by the time he was rushed to the hospital. My dad is a very smart man too.

Correct information is always the best. We each make our own individual choices and I respect that and would never judge what another may need in order to function when pain can be horrible day after day and night after night.

In my opinion, these sites are worthwhile.

Thanks,

Lynda B.
  4. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

5. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

It is scary isn't it?! Some of the stuff that I read on there blew my mind away! I do tend to believe that some doctors don't want to prescribe the opiods because of all the scandal over them. And then there are the doctors that are just to dang lazy to keep up with the proper paperwork in case they are called before the board.
    I don't know what state you live in, but you should go to the website for your states medical board and read their policy on the matter. I read mine and what I found out is that most doctors get in trouble because they simply don't take the proper notes to put in your file. Can you believe this? So part of it is just plain lazy doctors!!! The other part of course is the true drug addicts.
    Several years back we had a doctor in the next town over from us get into trouble because he was seeing drug addicts and giving them prescriptions for narcotics in return for them bringing him new patients!! Disgusting and discouraging!!

Soft hugs!
  6. klutzo

klutzo New Member

In my opinion, the persons in charge of this website are completely undermining the legitimate issue of pain patients being denied treatment, by adding all their religious/political/racist fanatacism into the mix. It will make intelligent readers of the material assume that all the info on the site is all false, when some of it is true and very important.
    Secondly, as a Psychiatric Social Worker, if "Skip" who apparently runs the site, had come into my office with some of this "factual info" he claims, I would diagnose him as a paranoid schizophrenic. The info on this site is classic for that illness, as well as the unorganized and frenetic way it is presented. I am sorry that so many legit pain patients are falling for his line. However, there is an entire religion that is based on the writings of a paranoid schizophrenic and it has attracted many followers, so I guess I should not be surprised by this, but I am both surprised and saddened.
    Klutzo
    [This Message was Edited on 09/02/2002]