Everyone Needs Someone

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by deecrossett, Jan 5, 2003.

1. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Everyone Needs Someone

People need people and friends need friends And we all need love for a full life depends Not on vast riches or great acclaim, Not on success or on worldly fame, But just in knowing that someone cares And holds us close in their thoughts and prayers- For only the knowledge that we're understood Makes everyday living feel wonderfully good, And we rob ourselves of life's greatest need

When we "lock up our hearts" and fail to heed The outstretched hand reaching to find A kindred spirit whose heart and mind Are lonely and longing to somehow share Our joys and sorrows and to make us aware That life's completeness and richness depends On the things we share with our loved ones and friends. ~Helen Steiner Rice~
  2. selma

selma New Member

Today, I needed a friend to listen. Then I realized that I always have a friend who is listening. He is always with me. He doesn't criticise, interrupt, or reject what I'm saying. He accepts me for who I am and loves me.
    You always remind me of Him when I come to this board.
    The warmth that I feel is more then I could ask for. Thank-you for letting me share with you(friend to all).
  3. sweetiepie

sweetiepie New Member

Selma, if ever you need, email me. I will be there for you. But remember one thing, I can not replace the most important friend you could ever have.
    God bless,
    Deena
  4. Jaimy

Jaimy New Member

I feel very close to both of you, and I hope you know how much each of you means to me......yes, you can 'talk' to your higher power, but I am always here for you like you have been for me.....

Loved the post, and was thinking about 'locking up my heart' as not to get hurt again, but realize that is not the right thing to do....

Deena, I read a lot of your posts on this board, but don't reply often, just know that I do read them and appreciate the time and effort that you put into this each and every day.....

Love,
    Jaimy
  5. Revella

Revella New Member

I really needed this today! Have had a terrible week. Things from people I considered friends that cut to the quick and no one around seemed to care. But Jesus is always there! I just needed to be nudged again! Thanks!
    Love,
    Revella