Everything hurts, with meds? Flare??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by moose1070, Sep 3, 2003.

1. moose1070

moose1070 New Member

I got some great advise here so many times im looking here again, everyone is so helpful! Ive been keeping a pain dairy, idea I got here, and I want to think this is a flare up of some sort, ive put two calls into my doctor and have heard nothing as of yet? and do not have an appointment for 9 more days but here is what it is, everything that can hurt,ache,burn,it dose, im so tired I cant see straight! My legs are so weak it hurts to stand and ive taken all my morning meds. and im getting no releaf what so ever? I could not sleep at all last night and tossed and turned! Everyday it's becomeing harder and harder for me to come to work, I spend more time laying in bed thinking of ways to getting out of coming to work then I do getting ready for work, I can hardly make it up my stairs to bed any more, I feel as thow im getting worse and not any better, im stressed and scared, I have an MRI today to check for MS, one last ditch effort on my doctors part, she still thinks there is something under lieing other then the FM? What should I do, I feel so helpless right now?? I feel like at 93 year old trapped in a 32 year old body!! Sorry to be so depressing but I feel like I want to crawl in bed and never come out?????
    thanks for listening.
    moose1070
  2. wle

wle New Member

........that you are hurting so much today. Thats the way ti goes with this DD. Good days and not so good days, and some really bad days mixed in. If you are lucky a really great day or two. Hope your Doc calls you back. Sometimes they are just so insensitive! Since I started on the topamox I have not had as much of the achyness I had before. You might want to ask your Doc about it. Good luck! WLE
  3. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE SO MISERABLE.I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU ANY ADVISE BUT I CAN TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE NOT ALONE.I CAN SAY THAT THERE ARE GOOD DAYS IN THERE AND HOPEFULLY WILL BE COMING TO YOU SOON.I HAVE HAD A BETTER SUMMER THIS YEAR THAN IN THE PAST 10.I THINK THE PLACQUENIL THAT THEY GAVE ME FOR THE LUPUS RASH HAS HELPED WITH THE FM.I HAVE EVEN DONE YARDWORK.DON'T GET ME WRONG I DO HURT LIKE HELL BUT I HAVE HAD DAYS THAT I CAN GET PAST IT AND ACCOMPLISH SOMETHING.

HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER REAL SOON.KEEP US POSTED.
    LOVABUGA
  4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Sounds like a major flare. Soft {{{{{hugs}}}}}, I'll be thinking about you.
  5. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I am feeling exactly as you described. This came about after I was in a vehicle accident last Tues. (Did somethig tramatic happen to your bod in the past few days?) Every day since then something new either hurt, ached, burned, or tingled!

I saw my doc today & he said I was indeed in a major flare. Gave me a Rx for 12 PT sessions. First one at 8am tomorrow morning. I can't wait. I also am off work till Monday. He also gave me a Rx for a Medrol Pak - you take 6 pills 1st. day, then 5,4, etc till the last day you take 1. I'll have all except the last one done before I go back to work. Sure hope they help.

So, you are not alone. I know exactly how you feel - it's not fun. Told doc today that I have things hurting that I didn't even know I had! lol

Hope your doc calls back & gets you in right away. Please take care of yourself, I find heat is the best for me. Only thing is I'd need about 10 heating pads to hit all the bad spots!

Feel better....Kathi
  6. jeanann

jeanann New Member

you are in so much pain. This to shall pass. We go thru these times and they do pass. It just doesnt fill like it right now. Hot bath, water and pain meds. Remember you are not alone!!!

Love
    Jean Ann