Everything that goes down, comes up...did not lose any weight????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by reebok22202, Sep 27, 2005.

1. reebok22202

reebok22202 New Member

Had an awful cough since July....to the point of everything and I mean everything that I ate, got me coughing so bad, to the point of it coming back up....was vomiting at least 4 to 5 times a day for about 3 weeks or so....did not lose 1 pound during that time.....why?

Had an Endoscopy done....found gastritis, and esophagus was inflamed. Just had a Gastric Emptying Study done...Dr says that we can do a procedure where they wrap the top of the stomach around the esophagus to make it stronger, or we can do a gastric bypass??? I have a hiatal hernia...of moderate size...and he says they will fix that as well, while in there.

My guestion is, does this all pertain to Fibro and MPS??? Anyone else out there having the same problems???
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Is what you might find that you have. I have everything you describe and had the stomach emptying test. They thought it was IBS when it started. Many tests down the road, they found out what it was.

I went for months bloated and not losing any weight. Even if it was one bowl of Rice Krispy cereal. I started changing my diet and found that I was lactose intolerant,I have severe IBS, I cannot eat any grains, flour, and have trouble with bloating when I eat startch. And absolutely, no nuts.

My stomach went down, and I eventually lost weight. You might want to ask your doctor if this is what they are looking for. The word means paralyzed stomach.

Good luck to you! You might want to do a search, at top of page, for gastroparesis and see if anything sounds familiar. There are several who battle this on the board.

Kim