EWWW Would YOU buy a car that had a dead body in it???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pw7575, Jun 6, 2007.

1. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Ok I am a bit grossed out because my boyfriends 18 year old sister bought a car today that was involved in a murder case. And YES the dead body was transported by the murderer in the car!

The case was sad as it was a 17 year old girl who went missing and turn up murdered by some crazy man. It is the victims car that she bought today.

The details were never solved but she was either murdered in the car and then dumped or she was murdered at a location then transported in the car and dumped.

Her and I hang out a lot so I have a feeling I will be riding in this car. In fact she had me ride in it with her today after she bought it. I think it is really creepy!

I get that she needed a car since hers broke down today and isn't worth fixing but I am sure she could have found another car. I know it was cheap and has low miles but DEAD BODY. I can't get passed that one.

She thinks the car has character but I find it unsettling to say the least. I don't want to ride in it...there was a dead body in it.

Anyhow, do you think I will get over being grossed out at some point?? I don't think I will.

Take Care,
  2. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Yeah I wouldn't buy the car either. I told her that yesterday. I told her I could not buy a car that had a dead person in it.

It grosses me out but I guess I will be riding in it which I really don't want to. I am going to try to make that as rarely as possible.

3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'd want them to take the body out first.

4. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Haha :) At this point I am thinking it would have been better for the body to be IN the car still...maybe then she wouldn't have bought it lol!

5. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

When I was about 13 our neighbor committed suicide by gassing himself in his car. My stepdad was a friend of the family so he brought the car to our house and put it out by the road with a for sale sign on it. I was scared to death of that car!!

Sounds kind of silly now, but I wouldn't even go out to feed the dogs or horses by myself as long as that car was out there.

I'd have to get a purty durn good deal to buy one knowing someone had died in it. But, I grew up in a house that was 80 years old and several people had died in it, none murdered.

The 90 year old woman who owned our mobile home died in it and it doesn't bother me at all. I am careful to take good care of it though!!

Stop and smell the puppies!
  6. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Greenbean you crack me up! You are careful to take good care of the house cause the old lady who died in it. Don't want to piss off the dead old lady...I wouldn't :)

Elliespad - We brought our cat home and buried him in the yard when he died last year so I am ok with that. I don't know if I would want to live in a house where someone died though. I would have to think hard about that.

I think it would depend on the circumstances...like who it was or how they died. A family member passing away from old age or illness to me is a TOTALLY different story than someone being murdered or committing suicide.

So I think the circumstances make a big difference to me. The fact that it was a violent death is I think what bothers me the most.

My boyfriend said maybe the girl will watch over his sister. His sister is only a few months older than the girl was when she died so maybe she will. OR maybe the car is bad luck.

Who knows but I wouldn't want to take the chance. I don't want any bad luck that involves a violent death!

It still creeps me out...probably because of the violent death and because I am superstitious. I feel like the car has bad mojo now.

So funny how we all look at things differently! That's a good thing otherwise there would be no morticians haha.

Pam[This Message was Edited on 06/07/2007]
  7. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

You guys burying your pets at home is great. We did that when I was a kid.

My sister had her two cockers cremated and has their ashes in little boxes on the mantle. She didn't want to bury them in case they moved! Well they did move so I guess she's glad she didn't bury them but I hope she does now!!

Choose joy!
  8. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

I liked that the "people in cemetary were really good neighbors".
    Does seem creepy. Maybe a Priest or Rabbi would have some some sort "cleansing" ceremony in repertoire.

[This Message was Edited on 06/08/2007]
  9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'd have a problem with it too. Years ago, a friend of mine was murdered and found in the back of her car so it really grosses me out. Can't get past the thought of all that pain and sorrow.

I understand the girl wanting a cheap car, but maybe her dad should have popped a few more dollars so she had another choice???

I wonder if she's really ok with it or just covering for the fact that it's the car she bought?

Nancy B
  10. painterZ

painterZ New Member

about the car's history. 20/20 or 60 minutes or some show did some program on used cars in general. Technicians clean and polish cars to look great again, and sell them as used, perfectly legal, perfectly Ok. Think you got a bad deal buying a used car that was in a previous accident? Well, think about what could have happened INSIDE the car.

I agree, as long as it's sanitary I'd take it...not a second thought.

11. kriket

kriket New Member

some people are able to actually feel/communicate w/spitits and it can be a not so fun experience. Hint Hint. Sometimes it's comforting, but most times it's bothersome. I would not buy the car, but I have problems with spirits visiting me too. Hope no one thinks I'm crazy,but it's just hard to explain unless you are abe to have these experiences. One thing about it, she'll never be alone in that car. Take it as you will.

12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There is a Feng Shui ritual in which you burn a clump of smoking sage sticks. They can be bought online. In lieu of that, incense will do the trick. She should sprinkle some natural sea salt in and around the car while she makes sure the incense or sage smoke gets in all areas of the car, especially where the body was. All she has to do is ask that the car be protected from all negative energy.

Just because someone is murdered doesn't mean their spirit will visit the scene of their demise. They are much more likely to visit their old home and family. Murdered spirits usually aren't angry either. They have a much better view of the forest than we do down here in the trees and they can see that everything happens for a reason.

If your friend appreciates the car and treats it well, that would be a real tribute to the murdered person. If, after all this, negative things start to happen, I'd get rid of the car post haste.

Love, Mikie
  13. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Of course, when you buy a used car, there's no way to tell if it ever had a dead body in it, so I guess it's just "buyer beware"! (Same goes for buying a house) We once rented a house that a woman had died in, and I swear, she was haunting that place for all it was worth! Boy was it creepy! I shiver just thinking about it!
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Everytime we go into the hospital, there is a good chance someone died in the bed in which we are lying.

Our family has seen spirits all our lives and none of them has ever caused harm. My grandson sees people we can't see and he talks to them. We've all seen my daughter's two orange Chows which have passed on. They hang out around her house. My grandson has seen them too.

I wouldn't worry about spirits unless there are some negative vibes around sightings or strange happenings which are uncomfortable.

Love, Mikie
  15. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I am so sorry about your friend! That is so awful. I am sure that there is no way you would buy this car having had that happen to your friend.

I don't know if she is covering about liking this car or not. She seems to be genuinely excited about having the car. The car she was driving before was her dads and it broke down so she bought this one.

It is her first car of her own so I think that is why she might be ok with it. She is just happy to have a car of her own so maybe that is over taking the dead body aspect. Not sure how she really feels about the dead body but so far she doesn't seem to mind at all.

Unfortunately her dad wasn't around to steer her away from buying this car or to give her more money. He has been in the hospital for a month and has just had major heart surgery. He has been unconscious for two weeks.

I am sure he would have stopped her from buying this car if he was able to.

She had $3000 to buy a car with and I saw some nice ones online for that price but she is impulsive and this was the first car she saw at the gas station where she took the broken down car.

I think if she had taken some time she would have found a car that was nice that DIDN'T have a dead body in it. She paid $2500 for this car.

Hopefully I won't have to ride in it much cause I find it gross.

Take Care,
  16. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

"Paint the car black and put funeral flags on it, LOL!"

You are too funny! We should LOL.

17. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I never thought that used car people would sell cars that someone had died in. In fact I was shocked that the dead girls mom was selling this car. I thought cars like this would be scrapped for parts at a junk yard.

I guess you never do know what are getting with used cars. That is so crazy. Although I guess some people don't mind it like by boyfriends sister.

18. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I for one am open to doing some sort of ritual like many here have suggested. I am not sure if my boyfriends sister would actually do it or not.

She is not a very spiritual person but I think she should do it anyways. I personally haven't seen a ghost but I do believe in ghosts and I am superstitious.

I think I am an intuitive person. I have dreamt about things before they have happened many times and I get feelings about stuff so I don't think any of you are crazy.

Many people on my mom's side of the family, including my mom, have seen ghosts. They seem to all be very intuitive people. Especially my mom. She feels things sometimes when my sisters and I hurt ourselves. She will call us up and ask if we hurt our hand or our leg etc and we will say yes and she says she felt it.

Also once my mom woke up suddenly in the middle of the night cause she heard my grandmother call her name (my grandmother lived 20 minutes away). She immediately called my grandmother on the phone and said did you call my name and my grandmother said yes she had. She was feeling really ill and called out for my mom and my mom heard her.

So I don't think a Feng Shui ritual or anything would be crazy. Hopefully we can do something to get rid of any bad mojo. If bad things start happening I am going to tell her to get rid of that car!

Thanks for the suggestions!
    Pam[This Message was Edited on 06/09/2007]
  19. laceymae

laceymae New Member

after a day out with hubby and kids i probably have thought about bringing a few dead ones back...lacey
  20. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

"after a day out with hubby and kids i probably have thought about bringing a few dead ones back"

LOL! You are too funny. Wow that must have been some day :)

Take Care and here's too better days out with your hubby and kids :)