Ex Came Through Open Heart Surgery Doing Well

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Some of y'all know I'm heading to CO today because my ex had surgery Fri. They had to fix 6 bypasses with veins from his legs. The prognosis is excellent if he does his exercising and changes his horrible diet. The blockages were so bad that he's luck to be alive.

Both daughters were there but the one in Atlanta had to leave yesterday as Andy was acting up at his other grandparents and needing to get back to his structure. He's only 2 1/2 but has been in school two mornings each week for a year.

As mentioned in another post, when I get back, I have an MRI on my knee to confirm a torn medial meniscus. The surgery is scheduled for Feb. 5th. I got a steroid injection to help with the pain. The doc was more than anxious to Rx some Vicodan for me. I told him I already have a stash at home and don't want to take opiods any more than I have to. It's unbelieveable that they are willing to give opiods out for injuries but some docs won't for the worse pain of FMS. I told the guy I have FMS and he never acknowledged it. I suspect he is a nonbeliever. It doesn't matter because I only need him to fix the knee.

I'll be gone for a while but will try to check in. I packed all my winter clothes and figure I'll freeze my tush off as I'm not used to cold weather. It's still in the high 70's and low 80's here. We wear nothing more than tee shirts and shorts or Capri pants with sandals. Good thing I kept some sweaters and a warm anorack jacket.

Love, Mikie
  2. ckball

ckball New Member

I am sorry your ex had to go threw this and yes it sounds like he is a lucky guy to be alive.

You are still working with a knee injury??? I'm glad your job is doing well, but all that standing and walking can't be easy on your knee.

Have a safe trip and glad you got some sweaters, I do not like the cold and have plenty-Hears to hoping all of you will be back together and in a routine soon, little ones do like their structure Carla
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

Wow what a shock to the system to go back in winter! Glad he came thru it all well, and hope he continues to do well...

I know he's 'ex' so it may be hard to suggest or even ask... but I'm curious if he was checked for chlamydia pneumonia?( - we have a friend who had same surgery in his 50s, we didn't think he'd live too long ultimately, but he participated in NIH study about cpn - he had it, took abx till culture was clear, and is still alive and doing well 10+ years later!)

Sorry to hear about your knee - as others asked, were/are you still able to work? I'm so sorry you have another 'problem to solve'... I hope they can fix it quickly and the 'down' time isn't too long.

I hope you enjoy your time with all your family!

all the best,