ex FDA head under investigation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by woofmom, Apr 30, 2006.

1. woofmom

woofmom New Member

HIP HIP HOORAY. Maybe All of those corrupt #@&&^%%$ will finally be shown for what they really are. After years of poisoning us, hopefully justice will be served.
  2. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

This guy was an ideological, and criminal, hack.

He would do anything he was told and tell any lie. Just three months into beeing appointed cheap liar for the FDA, he hightailed it, as revelations had been uncovered.

In the interim, he withheld the Morning After Pill. It was for purely ideological reasons. The drug went through extensive testing and it was safe for over the counter.

Then, the pharmacists wouldn't have to fill the prescriptions and no one's feelings would be hurt. However, there are religious individuals who don't want it sold.

It isn't any different from birth control pills, only it works because a very large dose is given, within 72 hours of the event, to prevent implantation.

Would they prefer that they wait, and a victim of rape or incest or someone who used birth control and it failed, not have access to it, become pregnant, and have a later abortion? Not me.

As a medical professional, I saw many, many things which made me pragmatic about things. THIS DRUG HAS A PURPOSE AND A NEED, AND THE BEAUTY OF THIS COUNTRY IS SUPPOSED TO BE THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT NOT TO USE THESE PRODUCTS, BUT I PERSONALLY FEEL THAT THAT MEANS THAT EVERYONE SHOULD KEEP THEIR NOSES OUT OF EVERYONE ELSES BUSINESS.

3. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Maybe this will bring attention all the things he and others have okayed. Some of it had not been tested enough. When THEY approve things that they know are not safe and people die, they are MURDERERS. Just because they didn't put a gun to someone's head does not make them any less guilty.
  4. woofmom

woofmom New Member

5. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I read an article about Lester Crawford in JANE magazine. Right after he was appointed.

One of their adult female staffers went to his office and sought a prescription for birth control - deliberately pushing his moral buttons to see if he would actually tell her that her lifestyle choice (premarital sex)was wrong and refuse to prescribe for her.

While he didn't outright refuse to prescribe birth control for her, he would only prescribe ONE month and then she would have to come back (presumably for another lecture and a reluctant prescription).

The whole thing just gave me a very creepy feeling about the guy...

To hear that he had direct conflicts of interest while he held that FDA appointment is extremely unsettling. It is VERY important that the FDA be run by educated, impartial individuals - the reason being that they are responsible for the health and safety of United States patients.

It is critically important that new drugs be reviewed very carefully PRIOR to approval so that we don't end up with any more Vioxx and Bextras. It is much more difficult to withdraw an approved drug than it is to stop the process prior to approval.

If a pharmaceutical company has someone at the top of FDA in their pocket, who's left to watch out for the patients?

Hugs,
    Madame Curie