exaggerated salty taste ... anyone else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by puglit, Sep 22, 2002.

1. puglit

puglit New Member

While eating tiny party sandwiches with friends today, I found they tasted too salty -- salmon, tuna, egg. They're from the same place I always buy them and I never had this sensation before. Hours later and tip of tongue still feels "salty/stingy". I asked friend if she found them salty and she said no. Had this with hot cinnamon jelly beans two months ago when tip of tongue was left feeling hot and stingy. Is this a possible symptom of FMS?
  2. puglit

puglit New Member

While eating tiny party sandwiches with friends today, I found they tasted too salty -- salmon, tuna, egg. They're from the same place I always buy them and I never had this sensation before. Hours later and tip of tongue still feels "salty/stingy". I asked friend if she found them salty and she said no. Had this with hot cinnamon jelly beans two months ago when tip of tongue was left feeling hot and stingy. Is this a possible symptom of FMS?
  3. clueless

clueless New Member

I have found food tasting too salty also. I will ask my husband if something tastes salty to him and he does not notice it. I have been wondering about this also. Hopefully someone will come on with an answer.I have noticed other food changes also. Pickles are too sour, lemon pie too sour etc. I had a disaster of a surgery that left me with a problem of trouble swallowing, I came from the hospital dehydrated and could`nt swallow. Had to go to the emergency room for fluid and have had problems every since so I was thinking maybe that was my problem but with you having the salty taste problem I am also wondering if it is the fibro. Lets see what comes on in regard to this.