Exam today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shajac, Aug 12, 2003.

1. shajac

shajac New Member

Hi everybody, I know I don't post much, but I read :eek:)Today is my mental status exam for SSDI. We leave in about an hour....any quick suggestions? I'm VERY nervous!

Thanks
    Jann
    graymyst@att.net
  2. MissRachel

MissRachel New Member

HI Jann,

Remember to be yourself and also be as honest as you can be. Take your time (breath) and do not feel intiminated.

I stress, take your time, think about what you are going to say and answer the best you can,

Sending you prayers,
    Rachel

Let me know how it goes.
  3. shajac

shajac New Member

...very much for the advice. I'm pretty nervous..did I say that? *lol* I'll sure let you know how it went. Hopefully it will go well.

Thanks again!
    Jann
  4. janet38

janet38 New Member

when i went he asked a few questions and i was back out the door.
  5. janet38

janet38 New Member

hi jann,is this the only doc you have seen?i to have applied and i was their probably10 minutes at the most.he asked alot of questions and i cried about the whole time.which i do get upset easy.hang in their.hugssssssss janet
  6. janet38

janet38 New Member

hi jann,is this the only doc you have seen?i to have applied and i was their probably10 minutes at the most.he asked alot of questions and i cried about the whole time.which i do get upset easy.hang in their.hugssssssss janet
  7. shajac

shajac New Member

And it was kind of weird. I was there an hour. He asked me questions about my childhood, where I grew up, whether I heard voices. He spent a lot of time on my agoraphobia, which I don't know was good or bad. Asked me to spell world front and backwards and there were some story problems and counting backward from 100 by 7. I couldn't sit through it all, so I got up and paced and answered as best as I could. I couldn't remember a lot of what he wanted to know. so, now I guess I wait!

Thanks so much for your help!
    Jann