Excellent CD w/EMDR for stress & pain

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mbofov, Dec 21, 2011.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I've been using "Calm and Confident based on EMDR" by Mark Grant for a several weeks now and like it very much. It is the best relaxation CD I've found (I've tried a couple before). He incorporates EMDR (alternating tones in the ears). I've been meditating regularly for a couple of years now, and when I listen to this CD, I go almost immediately into a meditative state. It's just very effective, very relaxing, and I highly recommend it for dealing with stress, which is a huge issue for many of us.

He also makes a CD for dealing with pain called "Pain Control based on EMDR" which I have not tried (pain is not one of my issues), but based on how much I like the above CD, I think it would be well worth a try.

He has a nice Australian accent, a very soothing voice and the background music is not yucky!

EMDR stands for eye movement desensitsation reprocessing. It's an extremely effective therapeutic technique for dealing with trauma, PTSD, anxiety, almost anything. There are thousands of therapists trained in this technique. You can google for more info, or see emdr. com. Instead of alternating eye movement, you can do almost anything which alternately stimulates the left and right sides of the brain to get the same effect, hence the alternating tones in the ears.

I bought the CD on-line, just google and you'll find it.