EXCELLENT health book

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jenn5, Jan 22, 2006.

1. jenn5

jenn5 New Member

The book I'm reading now is called Why I Left Orthodox Medicine, by Derrick Lonsdale. It is not strictly on slamming the current medical system, but on the whys and hows of disease. We have heard some of this, how nutrients are needed to support health, ect, but this author describes things in a way I haven't heard before. You'll have to excuse the guy's philosophizing though- about the origins of life, ect. It's worth reading.

He discusses a multitude of symptoms that are remarkably similar to cfids and fms. For example, those who have developed fms after a car accident or cfids after the flu or mono. Having a genetic weakness that predisposes us to illness and how we get much worse when under stress. He mentions circadian rhythm, energy metabolism, oxygen use, mitochondria, pms, undiagnosable disease, amino acids, autonomic nervous system, more.

I just really loved it and it described me and my symptoms more perfectly than anything else. I think this is one of our best chances to understand what's happening inside us. Please read this. Has anyone else out there read this? Give me some feedback if you have.

Jenn
  2. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Bumping 'cause I'm curious too. : )

Jenn, when was it written?

Gretchen
  3. jenn5

jenn5 New Member

it is very useful still, esp since the current system really hasn't changed much.
  4. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Boy, thats for sure! It's gotten worse if anything I think.
    Thanks, I think I'll add it to my collection - knowledge is power after all!

Gretchen