Excema Rash All Over Body Stress ???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RENA0909, Mar 17, 2006.

1. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

Hi
    I felt a little uncomfortable the other day.....just under both armpits where my bra strap is.....when I put my fingers there I could feel loads of spots and wondered what the hell is this now????????

By the evening they were spreading all down the sides of my body,onto my back and onto my stomach!!!
    They were red,raised,painful and very itchy.I was panicking in case it was shingles!

I went to my doctors this morning and right away he said it was excema.I was pleased that it was that and not shingles......but I could not understand how it came on soooooo fast and could be sooooo painful.
    I know excema can be caused through many things (esp allergies) but I think mine was stress.I never thought my body was so susceptiple to stress but it must be!!!

I am going to try to really DE-STRESS myself!!
    Just opened a bottle of Red Wine (Merlot is my favourite)to see if it will calm it down lol!!

I am quite shocked really that I have got this because I try to be as calm as I can be so that I do not have more pain with ny fibro.
    Anyone else have excema like this?????

Rena

2. painandagony

painandagony New Member

my dermatologist dx it as hives; primary doc has not a clue. i've had it for 2 years and with all of my problems all these years, i just keep treating it as best i can and itching. Well, hopefully now i'll get control over it. Mine started around the time i started effexor, dropped the birth control pill and was getting married, plus i have tons of allergies. I am in the process of weaning off of effexor (horrible, horrible) and going to a homeopath. I have to find something to get rid of it.
  3. klccag

klccag New Member

Rena,
    do you use a deodorant? It is probably aluminum based. You may have the same problem as I did, read my post under Lily's thoughts on mercury.